Everything posted by donaldseadog
-
gkm's wishlist
wishes added to condensed wish list
-
MavGaz
wishes 1.1 to 3.7 added to condensed wish list
-
TeTeT's wishlist
wishes 1-15 added to condensed wish list
-
Tico's wishlist
on line play wishes added to condensed wish list
-
Wish list items
wishes 1 added to condensed wish list
-
Spanish Navy
string noted in condensed wish list
-
Three requests
wishes "attack rnge include weapon range" added to condensed wish list
-
T-6Simtek's wish list
wishes nov 20&28 2009 added to condensed wish list
-
Jason's Wish List
wishes 1-6 added to condensed wish list
-
Nilus wish dreams
wishes 1-6 & (2nd group) 1-2 added to condensed wish list
-
Akula's Wishlist
wishes 11 added to condensed wish list
-
Joe K's wish list
wishes 32-40 added to condensed wish list
-
Mack's Wishlist
wish 15 added to condensed wish list
-
Volunteer for condensed wishlist updating?
I think that Tony is perhaps a poor salesperson, this is actually a very interesting project.
-
Volunteer for condensed wishlist updating?
Doh, I understand there is beer drinking (BYO) involved, count me in.
-
Naval TV shows
The Australian girls all liked "Patrol Boat", but I don't think it was anything to do with realism or good drama (although it was good drama) From memory it was a while ago, perhaps 1980's. I think they had an "A" class patrol boat and the first of those came across (from UK?) late 70's (or early 80's?). A scaled down version of the earlier popular series on the BBC (UK), perhaps "Warship" as mentioned. Personally I go for the comedy types and McHales Navy was a childhood favourite. I loved the one where the crew had a clothes washing scam going which ended in the base CO's dress uniform getting torpedoed Don There's a modern remake of the Patrol Boat show, called Sea Patrol. I watched the first couple of seasons, wasn't too bad. I can't make any claims as to it's accuracy. They started in an http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremantle_class_patrol_boat and then transferred to a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armidale_class_patrol_boat From what I understand I'd bet the actors were very glad of the 'upgrade' to Armidales. I wonder how much burly they produced, at least the fishing would have been good Don
-
File - GIUK - Attack of the Aliens (tiny scenario)
I can't wait to see what sort of a whimp of an alien can't trash a mere CVBG (and escorts?) with one sensor closed and a few appendages tied behindits back..But then I assume there will be plenty of Tomcats woooooooooooo wwwwwwwwwwwwwish. (Now don't get silly donald )
-
HCE demo scenario "Retreat"
As long as folks are aware that they can, and thus avail themselves of new scenarios. I'm assuming that the demo scenarios aren't available separate of the demo game download, might I be wrong?? Don
-
File - Carribean Basin -Panama Canal Terror
File Name: Panama Canal Terror File Submitter: donaldseadog File Submitted: 4 Jun 2011 File Updated: 7 Jun 2011 File Category: Caribbean Basin DB Used: HCDA-110606 Authors: Don Thomas Battleset-Carribean Basin: .scs - CDB - CDB A small scale, short duration action using gunboats, helos, anti-shipping mines and mobile land units. Escort two convoys from the pacific ocean to the entry to Panama canal and protect canal structures. Use minimum HCDA - 110225 database but please note Brad has made some improvements in HCDA-110606 which give improvements. Don Thomas Click here to download this file
-
Panama Canal Terror
- 220 downloads
A small scale, short duration action using gunboats, helos, anti-shipping mines and mobile land units. Escort two convoys from the pacific ocean to the entry to Panama canal and protect canal structures. Use minimum HCDA - 110225 database but please note Brad has made some improvements in HCDA-110606 which give improvements. Don Thomas -
Naval TV shows
The Australian girls all liked "Patrol Boat", but I don't think it was anything to do with realism or good drama (although it was good drama) From memory it was a while ago, perhaps 1980's. I think they had an "A" class patrol boat and the first of those came across (from UK?) late 70's (or early 80's?). A scaled down version of the earlier popular series on the BBC (UK), perhaps "Warship" as mentioned. Personally I go for the comedy types and McHales Navy was a childhood favourite. I loved the one where the crew had a clothes washing scam going which ended in the base CO's dress uniform getting torpedoed Don
-
No worries for Pacific Fleet?
To understand that, you have to consider what the Chinese might like to achieve. Do they want to dominate the entire Pacific and beyond? I doubt they think they need to. Or do they want to build up a force that would allow them to better exert regional influence? Or will they conquer the world economically and have a symbolic navy to sail around waving the flag in all her subjects ports, needing only to be sufficiently functional to scare smaller locals who think they can pull a swifty? Who else has chinese made national flags for sale in your supermarkets??? Don
-
determining if enemy radar active
Don, They signify a jamming and a jammed unit. Section 17.2 of the HUE advanced Manual: "If a ship or aircraft is equipped with ECM equipment, it can be used to degrade enemy sensors. Select Active from the Sensor dialog box to activate the ECM. Remember that in many cases, using ECM will degrade your side’s sensors as well. When a unit or group is being jammed, a small “X” will appear in the upper-right side of the unit or group symbol. If a unit or group on another side is using jammers, a small “Q” will appear in the upper-right side of the symbol for the unit or group using the jammer." Thanks, I should of thought of ECM jammers, the symbol being a bit like as used in 'classic'. Don
-
determining if enemy radar active
Don, I've attached a screen shot displaying the Unit Report window. There are 4 sensors listed and three of them have been detected as active. Note the * appearing before sensors 1 -> 3, while sensor 4 has been detected but due to range is no longer capable of being classified as active, it is but the ESM system isn't receiving enough energy to mark it as active. Cheers Darren Ta, Some times I see a small * type graphic at the top right corner of an enemy unit, I haven't been able to work out (or find in the manual) what that signifies. I also see something similar on friendly units and that seems to indicate active radar. What do these mean in both cases (if something different)? Don
-
Torpedoing neutral whale
So what's the odds that PETA was in the Kilo, making sure you didn't 'do' a whale? Don