Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

HarpGamer

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

donaldseadog

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by donaldseadog

  1. I some times join Orions with surface groups and set a large diameter formation area with them patrolling far out. First time it ran out of fuel. Now I read its fuel range (from the unit window), calculate how long it can remain in formation patrol and set a reminder window to tell me to split it from the formation and send it home. Fiddly but no where near so much as doing individual sonorboy drops (I didn't know about the period button - must try it, must find short cut key list in documents and print it) Don.
  2. Not only a FARP Unit but a FARP installation as well. a FAR Unit is fine for carriercapapble aircraft and Helos. I think the marines had a kind aof mobile airfield with catapults an arrestor gears before they got the AV-8B or maybee parallel? But as an adition a "Feldflugplatz" as an installtion allows you to place a forward airfield anywhere the scen designer feels the need for one. This can be done via the generic Airfields. I think all published HCE DB contain FARP Kind Units and Generic Airfields.... regards René Hi guys, I've used FARPS (essential in Australia) but they are very slow to move, 5kts max from memory. In real life if you stuff up with fuel in a VTOL at least you can land and wait for a truck load of Avgas (or whatever). perhaps I just need to hot up some FARPS with aussie road train drivers that can drive a rig at 50 kts (100km/hr) along our bush roads? I'd still like to be able to land my helo where ever is reasonable, could be a good sort on the beach who needs a lift home? Don
  3. Don, thank you for going to the trouble. It gets easier after the first time . On the screenshot topic, you don't have to include one, they just make your entry look more attractive. I'm glad they're not esential as I tried to up load it (on its own via the same window as I uploaded the battleset-zip) but ran aground. I'll assume you're correct about being easier second time around, certainly I'll be more prepared. Thanks Don.
  4. 1. Within the game, a hot key to return to last focus. 2. An ability to land helicopters anywhere on land eg to wait for a refuelling craft. 3. resupply land and sea units with eg truck convoy, unrep ships. 4. in game and SE, an indication of refuelible aircraft Done 5. Completed intercept box include 'orders' option. (I think that was the case in the old DOS game) 6. 'Attack' have an option to approach and concentrate attack on specific unit(s). 7. Set max time on station for patrols. 8. when dispatching a patrol have the speed and sensor setting boxes come up for setting same at the patrol point. So eg can use P3s as anti-ship patrols. 10. When selecting aircraft units in the air intercept window I'd like to see their current armament, I hate sending off guys who are on their way home having used up all useful ammo (and I'm sure they hate me worse!). 11. When using the launcher for testing game engine there is an option for iteratvie (not overwriting) saves of the game at regular intervals. My wish is that the saves can be done at user control by a keybooard shortcut. It would be nice to be able to define the folder and saved game file name. 12. When the 'auto play' option is used in command line (for testing) both sides long distance attacks be launched, and perhaps the 'ctrl-alt-S' switch be activated. 13. For normal game play, the location of the group and unit window centres remain where they are when changing magnification and optionally when changing selected unit/group. 14. I want a way of having a custom database that is based on a standard DB, say HCDB, but being able to update the custom when the standard is updated, does that make sense? So either a copy and paste of records (and their related records) from one DB to another, or perhaps a GE that can reference a main DB and a secondary DB (the main having precedance for duplications[how to determine a duplication?] or merging data bases [how does it deal with duplications?] or enough time to just redo my custom when ever a new standard DB comes out. 15. tanker loadouts in aircraft to have duplicate loadouts. you can run an air group with two or more tanker units (NOT two or more tanker planes in a unit) and get the respective number of refuels. To do this from a launch command you need tankers that are either different planes or different loadouts, other wise you to launch, split the group then rejoin which is beyond the AI so 'the enemy' never has this ability but the player has (how unfair is war!). ...................................................... condensed .................................................... 1a. I'd like to be able to ally with green (neutral) countries, either by some form of diplomacy (no idea how that would work) or by force eg taking out primary bases. AI also can do this. 1b. When the assistant comes up to advise a new contact, I'd like to see the new contact on the unit and group windows (behind the assistant window) before dismissing the assistant. 2. I'd like to be able to set a group to "shadow" an enemy group. 3. In scenario editor, when editing a group I'd like to see the % prob. of the units. Also when editing group events (eg launch aircraft) I'd like to see the details for repeat launches. 4. When instigating an air intercept from the new contact window I'd like to be able to somewhere override the current speed of each group chosen for intercept. I'd also like to be able to both come back to 1:1 time compression and fill in the intercept option. 5. When assistant advises a new contact, have the option of selecting your group that made the contact. 6. Air intercepts, be able to select for intercept a group (or unit) that already has an assigned target. They are sometimes to close for comfort to the new contact and I'd like to either/both fire something at them or get out quick. 7. When intercepting (generally from the new contact advice window) and selecting a unit form a multi unit group, I'd like the option of splitting the unit from the group - eg fighters escorting bombers. 8. anything that reduces any type of micro management- I love this game for it's stategy realism, it makes me the Admiral (yehhh!!!) Running an air to air attack or short range bombing run, navigating ships through narrow straights etc can be left to some lowly dog captain, I want the big stuff. (hope I didn't step on any captain's toes, I haven't done that for 30 years but I still remember they yelp pretty loud). 9. Separate zoom buttons for group and unit windows. (maybe shift Z and shift X for unit window) I get tired of tabbing from one to the other to change zoom setting. 10. In staff options (or somewhere) toggle the bingo warning from on to auto return to base. (maybe for each group in perhaps course editor). 11. When a new contact is reported an option to select your detecting group and option to come to real time if intercept option is taken. 13. Planes ask to return to base or (better) course editor after completing attack (instead of loiter) 14. ship's officer of watch pencil in location of stationary items like mines (when they are detected) so that you don't blunder into them just because you lost contact. Even if they go yellow in a small trapazoid that would be OK. 15. (maybe) A real time limit switch so that I get to bed tonight instead of tomorrow morning 15. An "evasive" feature available to the AI (switched by the scenario writer) that can be applied to groups so eg surface groups don't go running aground chasing enemy and poorly armed groups don't attempt Kamikaze runs. 16. Download files in scenario section showing the respective database in the browsing section so as to easily find eg HCWW database scenarios. 17. A switch to send aircraft back to base after an initial weapon launch, the switch available to player at launch of attack and to AI via the scenario editor at aircraft launch. 18. Stealth generic bases, ie small bases that aren't automatically known to the player (or AI) at game start. A bit like a FARP but able to handle small planes or maybe just STOL planes. 19. Ability for in air refuelable planes to "land" on an in flight tanker including one in formation about a base. 20. Planes able to go in formation patrol about settable 'points'. Useful for any surveillance patrol especially ASW. NEW 21. Within (the new 32 bit) scenario editor, an ability to ferry aircraft via a way point. Also an ability to ferry from a neutral base to either a red or blue base. The aircraft then becoming 'property' of that side. Thus a neutral country could supply aircraft to one side in their support while still claiming neutrality. A similar thing with neutral ships/ subs with an ability to 'join' a red or blue base at the end of a cruise. 22. completely ditch Scenario editor and have the GE be able to save scenarios (with probability of unit/group occurrence etc ) so can write a scenario that has planes in the air, complex course for patrol planes etc. (Now there's a BIG wish biggrin.gif ) 23.When you change battleset from within the game (eg ctrl N, file/newgame) you can go to other folders to select the battleset file but need a database (RSR and RES files) in that folder. I wish that a shortcut to the database files was sufficient. 24. grey out (make not selectable) the very low altitude button in the speed setting window for aircraft that crash when flown very low. 25. Logging for ESM. 26. AI can split off a unit(s) from a group to execute a defensive action. EG a long range air strike with fighter escorts could peel off some of the escorts to intercept a threat, or a slow surface group with say an oiler could peel of a couple of fast destroyers for same purpose. I guess the planes RTB after intercept but I don't know how to handle the ships unless they return to parent group and rejoin. ............................. condensed .........................
  5. Don, a new user scenario is always welcome. However, you need to upload your scenario through the Downloads section of this website here. Once you've done that, we'll approve your upload and delete the attachment here. Thanks, I've gone to the page and tried an upload but need to go away and make a 'screenshot'. As a bigger man than me once said (in a movie, gee what a woos) 'I'll be back'. Don.
  6. Well I read this and figured I should have a go. I'm not sure how to upload the files so I'll try and attach my ZIP to this reply, otherwise if some one can direct me to the proper procedure I'll do my best to follow. Don Thomas Aus_don.zip

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.