Everything posted by donaldseadog
- File - ToolBox
-
File - ToolBox
A new version has been just uploaded, just a small refinement to the ASW search pattern so the group will conduct the ASW search at vlow altband if the group has no non helo units that aren't NOE equipped. This helps if trying to screen for subs close to an enemy AA screen. With encouragement I could do something similar for vhigh capable aircraft given an AEW patrol
-
Are magazines sometimes stalling to reload mounts?
OK, thanks Enrique, I'll try to put something together to check, but maybe its just sit there with a few egg timer I think I'd been thru about 100 - 150 ordinance but probably only a relative short game time, do you have any feel for if it's time or number related?
-
Are magazines sometimes stalling to reload mounts?
I just observed two magazines seemingly stalling to continue to reload mounts, although they had been performing properly through a number of reload cycles and still had magazine content. Has anyone else seen anything like this? Don
-
A new interesting site
ONe of the most intereseting things I've read for a while, poor old Swordfish was in the news a bit more than she'd like I'd think.
-
US Navy removes first 155mm AGS from USS Zumwalt
what about the Indian navy's use of the Otto (?) 'long' 127mm gun and vulcano shell, working in the right direction and affordable ?
-
Chinas Fujian Finished Maiden Sea Trials
I really should know I guess 😳
-
Chinas Fujian Finished Maiden Sea Trials
I wonder did I mean Canberra class? It's all so confusing 😄
-
Chinas Fujian Finished Maiden Sea Trials
Interesting, and to me seemingly quite sensible to at least try. If it turns out a dud and is scrapped or repurposed, they won't be the first. If useful, I wonder if the RAN will start toting drones in numbers on their Adelaides?
-
Chinas Fujian Finished Maiden Sea Trials
This should be a stimulus for a scenario I guess?
-
a handy linnk to info on US EW stuff
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_electronics_of_the_United_States
-
Bad PE export
I believe the problem relates to importing into a 'blank' PFData file from a previous file that has been "ERASED", rather than linking to a new blank file.
-
Bad PE export
ctrl D in the game willl bring up the platform display (select 'all units', not 'active units') this is the corrupted version, scroll down the list and find unit classes with wrong country
-
Bad PE export
I'm hoping user error, but haven't found it yet so I thought I'd ask if anyone else is having PE export problems resulting in bad allocation of countries to platforms and some platforms having no country. It is a problem I've seen before but can't remember the detail of cause and fix. I also had a recent OS update and think it occured since my last good PE export Don
-
Interesting Chinese weapons
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_weaponry_of_the_People's_Liberation_Army_Navy
-
Long range artillery, missile or gun
I have been playing with some extended range naval guns and found in the HCDB2 DB three versions of Vulcano extended range 5" munition. see https://electronics.leonardo.com/documents/16277707/0/Vulcano+127.pdf?t=1671440934942 In HC terms two are Guns, one is a missile (speed about 2200 kts). When I used the missile I thought 'wow, so slow', but then when I started to think about it the speed was quite correct and more realistic than the instant gun hit (or miss), so I started to wonder for long range artillery should we use 'missile' and not 'gun' weapons? I'm interested in the new Kingfisher concept for ASW including the delivery of small depth charge and sonar buoys and thinking if use 'missile' then could use an asroc style weapon. see https://www.navylookout.com/the-kingfisher-gun-launched-anti-submarine-munition/ What do people think? Don
-
S-300V versus Kh-22 test
I've not seen any mention that Arrow was used. Perhaps classified info, knowing real life effectiveness would be useful to eg Iran. Also interesting for any Harpoon db author.
-
S-300V versus Kh-22 test
And there should be an Israel based layer too. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_3 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David's_Sling https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_(missile_family)
-
S-300V versus Kh-22 test
A bit more on topic https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-16/iran-strikes-aimed-at-israel-middle-east-brink-of-war/103709790?utm_source=abc_news_app&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_campaign=abc_news_app&utm_content=other
- Ship and Base Magazines in PE Not Matching
-
File - MEDC - Black Sea Ghosts. June 2023. Historical Alternate Scenario.
This scenario, and other thoughts, have spurred me on to write a small tool for modifying some attributes of in game platforms to better simulate surface (and semisubmerged) drones. Attached is a game save from this scenario where the suicide boats are low RCS and VCS and increased speed (I over did speed, so now max 55 kts). It should open and play with HCDB2 database but retain the platform mods (described above). A slightly different game play results. This scenario has spurred me on to write a tool for making minor modifications within the game to existing game platforms to better simulate this type of USV (and also UUVs) AGIvsUSV1.hpo
- All Planes in Group not Landing
-
All Planes in Group not Landing
TonyE has come up with a lead which has given good results, further testing and AIWindow.dll interrogation shows that a key identifier (unit's UUID) is not being generated for new units formed when a unit within a group is split by virtue of splitting the group (F8) but is copied from the original thus two units have the same (meant to be unique) Unit UUID. If the new and original units are together again in the same group then only one will land. In the screen shot, centre window, the data is for the selected group's units, the numbers should be unique.
-
All Planes in Group not Landing
A third run, nothing new learnt: ABA group of 5 launched and then ACA group of one joined so that two ac from ABAjoin ACA and the orginal ACA joins ABA, then the two ACA ac joni ABA so have AB000 (3 original ABA ac), AB001 (1 orginal ACA ac) and AB002 (2 ac split from original ABA then rejoined) RTB all land except AB002, the two ac that were split and rejoin ABA.
-
All Planes in Group not Landing
Nothing to show anyone here but I went thru a number of permutations of patrol, split, join and rtb and only one caused a problem. ABA, a group of 8ac; 2 split off into AFA which rtb and all landed, 3 split off and rejoined ABA, rtb base the three original (AB000) landed none of the split/join ac (AB001) landed but stayed loitering/landing, ACA, a group of 2 patrol and rtb, all landed, ADA and AEA, two groups of 3 ac set off to patrol same area, AEA joined ADA then RTB, all ac of both units landed. A second run: ABA, a group of 4 t/o, 1 ac split to new group ACA, group ABA joined to ACA so have: AC000 one ac split from original ABA; AC001 two ac joined from orignal ABA; RTB ACA and AC000 (the single ac split from ABA to form ACA) lands, remaining AC001 fail to land. A somewhat involved build up of 'glitches'? starting from the initial group split?