Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

HarpGamer

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

donaldseadog

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by donaldseadog

  1. donaldseadog posted a file in WestPac
    • 39 downloads
    • Version 1.0.0
    This is a revamp of an old scenario played in the Westpac Battleset using HCDB data base with operations revolving around a small surface group comprising RAN helicopter carrier Canberra transiting from north of Australia thru to Singapore. Air assets are available from Australia and Singapore and need to be used along with Canberra's helos to seek out and destroy hostile installations.
  2. View File Transit This is a revamp of an old scenario played in the Westpac Battleset using HCDB data base with operations revolving around a small surface group comprising RAN helicopter carrier Canberra transiting from north of Australia thru to Singapore. Air assets are available from Australia and Singapore and need to be used along with Canberra's helos to seek out and destroy hostile installations. Submitter donaldseadog Submitted 03/31/2021 Category WestPac
  3. donaldseadog replied to Byron's topic in General
    Tony, at the moment I'm just slowly remembering how to play the game. But I'll yell when I'm ready - I'll try to do a few scenarios to get back into it I think. So far my old code seems to be operating OK.
  4. donaldseadog replied to Byron's topic in General
    Tony, I'm glad to hear it helps.
  5. donaldseadog replied to Byron's topic in General
    In my "toolbox" export dll program thingee (that's been gathering dust in the downloads while I've been riding my vintage bikes) there are two functions I started to play with that begin to look at dropping torpedos and changing missile targets. They kind of work but need a tidy up which I hope to get onto once I've re settled into my harpooning seat. An air group can be directed to cover the exact postion of a sub (if known) and then report back so you can gauge if it's good to drop the torp on the targets head (hopefully it hasn't moved too far in the meantime or exact fix lost). Missile units in flight can be assigned a target (or target re assigned). One hitch here is that it works with all missiles some of which aren't really missiles and some of which aren't in reality capable of target reassignment, so its up to the player not to cheat. Any way it kind of shows that things could be done regarding these two issues but so far as the missile targettin I'm not sure how to best reflect reality as different missiles have different capability and I'm guessing that firing off a large number of missiles at a large number of close targets would likekly result in the biggest or nearest target copping the lot?
  6. They could probably be incorporated into victory conditions if the scenario writer wished?
  7. Tony, You'll need a crew, I've had experience (please send air fare)
  8. I no longer seem to be getting any crashes, but will try a few more of the supplied files
  9. I don't seem to be getting crashes from any other scenarios/battlesets.
  10. AVG free. I'm on windows 7 home, an old (now ) pentium laptop and 2020.017 game build. None of my game saves have created reproducible crashes. They are a bit random in nature, on one occasion when I restarted the old game seemed to have been saved but a whole surface group of mine had disappeared. I've now started playing other battlesets to see if they are stable. I've also noticed I have work to do on my DLL s Don
  11. I'm still very rusty, maybe that helps, I did manage to get a crash with error message after about an hour of game time from supplied auutosave.006. I wasn't doing autosaves or any logging and my eyelids were dropping (I forgot a screen shot even) so I'll see what I can do to repeat with more info but perhaps we have some common elemnt in our computers, so I'll grab that info too and post again. Don
  12. wow, I seem to be in good company I guess its going to work for me too
  13. Well they're much more spectacular Xmas photos than I could provide. While Tony had a white Xmas I sat in humid 35 deg C temps overlooking the western brim of the Pacific Ocean. I hope everyone relaxed a bit and were able to enjoy family and friends. Don
  14. I have to confess to being quite slow to get going, but if the grey matter co operates I don't think it's a big job. I've not yet looked but much of what is needed is in the code for my toolbox,I think I just need to spit out numbers - maybe?
  15. Well it looks nice and fresh. I did get a little worried when it rejected my logon, for some reason lost in history my account name is different to my display name, but it soon jelled :)
  16. I ran some of these (mostly air and sub launched anti surface missiles) and some similar last night.It is interesting to watch the group window and the unit window, the group and unit headings and the telltails (direction of travel indicators). The group telltails seem to be indicating what the direction of travel should be, but isn't. Units with differing targets aren't diverging, although a couple of times they did AFTER the head unit (00unit) hit its target, but this didn't seem consistent.
  17. I've no idea,but I trust the Harpoon DB authors
  18. I guess "the Need for Speed" and a F35 could have attracted comment
  19. So we shouldn't bother playing with 2017.16 and formation keeping? (which I only just noticed )
  20. I used it a lot on my old windows xp machine and never had the problem. It seems to be some web pages only,and in some cases only parts of the page. I thought I could find some fiddling thingee setting in the browser to change fonts but couldn't, and didn't want to spend (waste) time on it. It could be the browser I guess. edit. Interesting, I found in my browser (firefox) print preview a 'simplify page' button, which simplifies the page and cute PDF then prints it as a text based pdf. Winner
  21. It looked like it would be quick and easy therefore suitable for when I was half asleep. I use windows 7, and a small "printer" 'cute PDF' which apparently didn't ID the fonts in my firefox browser, so prints as an image. I do have a work around now but will see if any one else gets into it.
  22. That didn't go too smoothly, my pdf writer (cute pdf) doesn't seem to produce selectable text but just an image so I resorted to cut and paste from the issue report direct then deleting all images. I believe the result is complete in content but a little untidy in presentation. I'll work on it before attempting another migration.
  23. This migration didn't go quite as planned (due to my pdf writer being inadequate) but I think the information is complete, it might be worth checking.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.