Issue Tracker migration help request

TonyE

Hello out there :)

Would anyone like to migrate some issues per http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?/topic/28319-issue-migration/so that we can upgrade the forum software? There is the possibility of a small stipend if that would motivate your kids or friends to do the work (assume $0.50 US per issue). There are 207 issues, one has been migrated, leaving 206.

That didn't go too smoothly, my pdf writer (cute pdf) doesn't seem to produce selectable text but just an image so I resorted to cut and paste from the issue report direct then deleting all images. I believe the result is complete in content but a little untidy in presentation. I'll work on it before attempting another migration.

Hehe Don, we'd like you to write code, not migrate issue reports. You are welcome to it if that is what floats your boat but not my first choice of person to migrate issues. If you are on Win10, there is a print to PDF printer built-in, "Microsoft Print to PDF".

If you use the Chrome browser there is a Save to PDF printer (confusing...). Go into the print dialog and change the printer to Save as PDF then go to it.

It looked like it would be quick and easy therefore suitable for when I was half asleep. I use windows 7, and a small "printer" 'cute PDF' which apparently didn't ID the fonts in my firefox browser, so prints as an image. I do have a work around now but will see if any one else gets into it.

Thank you, that is interesting about CutePDF, that was my go-to before Windows 10.

I used it a lot on my old windows xp machine and never had the problem. It seems to be some web pages only,and in some cases only parts of the page. I thought I could find some fiddling thingee setting in the browser to change fonts but couldn't, and didn't want to spend (waste) time on it. It could be the browser I guess.

edit.

Interesting, I found in my browser (firefox) print preview a 'simplify page' button, which simplifies the page and cute PDF then prints it as a text based pdf. Winner :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

All of the issues have been migrated to the defect tracking forum. This opens up the way to catch up to the current forum software version. I'm not sure when that will happen but ideally in the next few weeks.

• Like 1