Everything posted by donaldseadog
-
Scenario idea "Voyage of the Devilfish" North Atlantic
Yes, a bit strange, if the aircraft is within range (and not currently prosecuting the target) of the target it does a "casual attack" then toddles off. If you set its its course to somewhere outside torp range and issue a new attack order it stays on the job.
- GE Formation Editor - Units don't draw at correct location on Group map
-
File - GIUK - 1GIUK.7z
I called a truce, they agreed About 7 hours game time continually working frantically ... no time for strategy, or planning beyond air superiority (took a while to achieve) [Kill Detail Blue Side ] Eurofighter 17/Plane=15 F-35A Lightning II 20/Plane=9 Tornado ECR 13/Plane=11 KC-46A Pegasus 18/Plane=6 Tornado IDS LW 13/Plane=8 Mirage 2000-5F 07/Plane=4 Rafale C F3R 19/Plane=4 [Kill Summary Blue Side ] Planes:=57 [Kill Detail Red Side ] Su-35S Flanker E/Plane=44 F-16CJ52+ Falcon 17/Plane=72 Mobile radar medium range/AD Mobile=2 J-31 Gyrfalcon 18/Plane=48 Su-27SM Flanker B 05/Plane=14 Su-24M2 Fencer D 09/Plane=42 Su-24MP Fencer F 92/Plane=7 Su-25SM3 Frogfoot 16/Plane=9 Su-33M Flanker D/Plane=15 SAM SA-3b Goa Bty/AD Mobile=6 Su-30SM Flanker G 13/Plane=18 Su-34 Fullback 16/Plane=18 MiG-29 Fulcrum A 89/Plane=12 Ka-27M Helix A 17/Helicopter=6 Sovremennyy (956A/92)/Ship=1 Tu-160M Blackjack 16/Plane=4 J-15 Flying Shark 16/Plane=12 J-20 Mighty Dragon 18/Plane=6 Su-30MK2 Flanker G 09/Plane=9 Tu-22M3M Backfire C 16/Plane=6 Y-8DZ/Plane=1 Steregushchiy Pr2038 07/Ship=1 J-11B/Plane=20 Neustrashimyy (1154)/Ship=2 [Kill Summary Red Side ] Planes:=357 AD mobile:=8 Ships:=4 Helicopters:=6 A few damaged red bases and ships on top of that, Don
-
F-35C
There's some interesting reading on the internet if you start searching this https://www.defensenews.com/air/2019/06/12/supersonic-speeds-could-cause-big-problems-for-the-f-35s-stealth-coating/
-
Total victory conditions
I better get lazarus loaded on the new computer and have a looky. Prob in a few days as we're away doing pseudo xmas family stuff.
-
GE Formation Editor - Units disappear from Unit window
I'm pretty sure it's done it for ages, I vaguely remembering wondering if it served a purpose, but it didn't seem to cause an issue (for me) although strange and seemingly of no use.
-
Harpoon Zoom Meeting
Did you cover any significant stuff?
-
Harpoon Zoom Meeting
I was travelling but otherwise it would have suited.
-
Serial number won't validate when using (game) launcher tool
I got stuck on this for a bit while setting up a new computer so new players might come across it too. When you use TonyE's game launcher (and everyone should, it makes life so easy) you might get an error message saying the serial number can't be validated and contact Matrix Games. To solve this you might need to start launcher from a shortcut and alter the shortcut advanced settings to run as administrator. Don
-
Scenario idea "Voyage of the Devilfish" North Atlantic
Maybe just start smaller so its easier to write the scenario then build on it? Perhaps assume your subs got thu and the US have set up a picket line and start form there?
-
File - GIUK - 1GIUK.7z
I'm about an hour into it, I shiver when any one detects one of those Pak demons 🥴.
-
Get Computer Harpoon now, sale ends Jan 9
At the current price I am flabbergasted that it's not clogging up the internet with downloads ... (and I'm now a fan of download only program loading, although doing it at the inlaws with a high 'speed' internet probably helped a lot.)
-
Total victory conditions
And it sounded so simple
-
Total victory conditions
Those 3 changes sound good to me. Regards the recording can I access that via exportDLL? Or can I catch it as it tests positive, is it an 'event'? I've been meaning to chase that up for my AAR-Report.dll. Don (ed)
-
Australia replaces Taipan helos
Australia dumps troubled European-designed Taipan helicopters for US Black Hawks and Seahawks https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-10/australia-dumps-troubled-mrh-90-taipan-helicopters/100688550
-
Get Computer Harpoon now, sale ends Jan 9
It is also a bit strange that the latest product purchase is so out of date, I was pretty surprised, I probably should have dug up my old install DVD. The presentation for non addicts could be improved But it is good to be playing (even with a ten year old version) on a computer that has a stable video
-
Total victory conditions
I made the mistake of thinking about this when I went to bed ... Yes I agree total victory conditions should be tested if no minimum victory conditions are specified but I think minimum victory conditions should always be specified (as a minimum so to speak ) If no total victory conditions are specified total victory should be granted if minimum conditions are met and all enemy are destroyed - otherwise the player goes hunting around looking for what they haven't done. Maybe the scenario editor (or somewhere) needs a few hints for the scenario designer to get a better idea on what's expected? What makes a good set of victory conditions and how orders can be written to lead the player to victory? I'm sure some players just start the game and go blasting away at everything, but that defeats the purpose of a detailed and accurate simulation. Really the orders and the victory conditions are as important as the game structure, in fact I got thinking about having multiple scenarios with the same structure but different victory conditions and orders. It sounds promising to me, escalating from easy to hard. don
-
Get Computer Harpoon now, sale ends Jan 9
Thnks for the thought Tony, but I've got my "special" original physical discs so perfectly happy in that regard.
-
File - WPac - The Chinese are Coming!!! (Against ARC21). Mid-2021.
After Action Report Game time: about 5hr:15 min [Kill Detail Red Side ] Su-30MK2 Flanker G 09/Plane=16 JH-7A Flounder 04/Plane=14 J-10A Vig Dragon 06/Plane=18 J-8F Finback B 04/Plane=8 J-20 Mighty Dragon 18/Plane=4 Divine Eagle 15/Plane=1 J-16 Flying Shark 14/Plane=14 Ka-31 Helix E 10/Helicopter=2 Zhi-9C Haitun/Helicopter=8 Su-30MKK Flanker G 01/Plane=7 Y-8Q/Plane=1 Y-8CA/Plane=1 Luyang II Type 052C/Ship=2 Houbei Type 022/Ship=12 Ka-28 Helix A 96/Helicopter=3 Kunming Type 052D 15/Ship=2 J-11A/Plane=4 BZK-005 Sea Eagle/Plane=8 Q-5I Fantan 83/Plane=6 KJ-500/Plane=1 KJ-200 (Y-8W)/Plane=1 [Kill Summary Red Side ] Planes:=104 Helicopters:=13 Ships:=16 [Kill Detail Blue Side ] P-3C-II Orion 92/Plane=8 F-2A (FS-X) 17/Plane=1 [Kill Summary Blue Side ] Planes:=9 My strategy, for want of a better word, was to put up a dense curtain of fighters with a second curtain of ASUW and a rear line of air refuel tankers and AEW aircraft. I let the ships and subs continue along their designated routes keeping a watch on how close enemy units progressed. The long ranged fighters were a god send, so to their long ranged AAM s allowing the firing of good salvos of missiles and a quick retreat to home (or in some cases a waiting IFR tanker). I did get a bit intrepid, to my regret, trying to get some Orions in close enough to DDGs to let fly their relatively short range anti ship missiles but learned to keep them for the less well defended missile boats leaving the harder to crack surface groups to the longer ranged ASMs of the P1 s and F-2a s (I liked these fellas) and a few F-35 s loaded up with SDB s. I decided to quit while ahead when I got a Minimum Victory although there was still a lot of action happening and certainly some competent enemy ships still about. Thanks to broncepulido for another great Harpoon scenario ... now back for another crack to try for a complete win
-
Get Computer Harpoon now, sale ends Jan 9
I guess I still haven't gotten used to the idea of not getting a physical item when I buy something,
-
Get Computer Harpoon now, sale ends Jan 9
I looked at this as I have a new computer to load, it seems only the download version is now available, no posted dvd, is that right Tony do you know? Don
-
Scenario Editor
Its not as easy as riding a bike, that's for sure
-
Platform Editor 2022 ideas
arguably this thought is more scenario design, but there's an overlap with the current database discussion I think. Often when doing a scenario design you know in the back of your mind a platform you want to use but you can't remember which country uses the one you're after. What would be useful would be a search of the database on key words, eg pull up all F16s. Maybe a stand alone tool?
-
File - WPac - The Chinese are Coming!!! (Against ARC21). Mid-2021.
I'm part way thru my second run again playing blue. My feeling is that by keeping the surface groups emitting no radar signature and by being very aggressive against all chinese air groups our blue surface groups are staying undetected. This can be checked in I think LazGui or extendedLazGui where you can read units visibiility to enemy. I'll have a look and report back
-
Rafale...really?
Where's your sense of adventure? They are a chilling combo ...