Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

HarpGamer

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009.046 Release Notes

Featured Replies

Don, have you marked in the test the DPS (dipping sonar) flag ? If not, may be a factor of the irregular behaviour of the sonars in Alize or Atlantique.

Thanks,

Uhm, I guess the short answer is no. (Didn't know about that one). I'll have another go, in the meantime plenty of room for others to make Brads list of industrious testers. :D

Don

well thanks to broncepulido (and much learning) I can confirm that the sonars work (quite realistically) in loadouts.

I removed the dipping sonar from a sea king and placed it in the load out, went hunting subs and it detected them. Operates as normally (ie doesn't turn on via the sensor switch but by the period button or when hovering low/very low.

I also used a logging report to look at some sonars attached to fixed wing planes. While they appear to function they don't seem likely to detect anything, a value that comes up in th logging - "interference" is very high and I suppose that comes to reason even at loiter if the dipping sonar is doing 90 knots (bder Don!!)

Don.

Very thanks for your feedback, Don, I regret I'm very busy in my new job for Harpoon testing, sigh :(

  • Author

Way to go guys, that was an awesome group effort! Interesting find on the logging and interference. I think I allowed sonars on loadouts just because it was easy to do at the same time as radars. Someday down the road perhaps we'll have to revisit spiffying up the sonar operation in such circumstances.

Very thanks for your feedback, Don, I regret I'm very busy in my new job for Harpoon testing, sigh :(

Hey, maybe Tony's rich good looking woman (when he finds her) has a sister for you, or are you catered for already in the companion department?

(hmmm, abit personal there of me, maybe no need to answer).

Thanks for the help especially in view of your work, one of the things that makes harpoon really good to get involved with, those that know helping those who want to :rolleyes:

Don.

  • 2 weeks later...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.