TOAW III game?

Silent Hunter UK

Who would be interested in a multi-player TOAW III game run at Myth-Weavers? It won't be for a while (for a start I've yet to get the game), but I'm looking at a Third World War in Europe style game.

This would probably go between David & Goliath and The Sixth Battle; it'd be a shorter scenario of fixed turn length.

Stephen,

Like the game that you pointed to? I think that I can commit to a shorter, perhaps less complex scaneio. Is it a pre-made scenario or have you put together one, and if so have you mastered the events editor? Also, Brad mentions that you do not have to have TOAW III to play, so are you running it hotesat like a cpx where you run the game and report back to the players? Finally, how many participants are you looking for?

Pete

Stephen,

Like the game that you pointed to? I think that I can commit to a shorter, perhaps less complex scaneio. Is it a pre-made scenario or have you put together one, and if so have you mastered the events editor? Also, Brad mentions that you do not have to have TOAW III to play, so are you running it hotesat like a cpx where you run the game and report back to the players? Finally, how many participants are you looking for?

Pete

It'll be like that game, yes. I'll use a pre-made scenario of which there are a few available.

It'll be like a CPX, with players submitting orders and me providing the situation. I'd be looking for about half a dozen players on each side.

The one TOAW item that I always had a hard time to get my arms around conceptually was the getting the reserve orders down, in particular getting my artillery to fire in support of a threatend combat unit (yes artillery is combat support) :o

Well, transferred my TOAW III directory from the old XP box to the win7. Good new and bad news. Good News, I have my serial number. Bad news, cannot seem to get through the matrix games members club interface to register it again. My email is already registered. I appear to have enabled a cookie with my password. Over and over, I have typed in everything including the anti-spambot code without luck. Requests for password to be sent to my email, yawn, guess its not automatic. Don't they know wargamers are an impulsive bunch? :)

Still waiting for Matrix to register a game that I've owned since release, not to mention TOAW, TOAW II, and TOAW Century of War before Matrix' TOAW III. :angry:

I burned a copy of TOAW III from my previous WinXP box to a CD and loaded it onto the new Win7 box. When I double-click autorun application, it goes to a TOAW III splash screen. If I choose ", I get play" It give me the error message "The is an error with your serial number as entered. Please contact support@matrixgames.com for assistance. Error Code: 200" If I doubl-click resgister, it leads me to a Members Area of matrixgames.com where I cannot provide them with the requisite credentials to enter. Behind that "door" apparently is where I can "register" a game I've owned since 2006.

Contacting matrix is the problem. Maybe there is a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do, but on the other hand there should be nothing wrong conceptually with me having purchased the sofware, move it from my old computer and move it to my new one.

I've sent the obligatory email to support@matrixgames, I've posted in there support forum, in the TOAW support forum, and the Gamesquad TOAW hoping to evoke anything.

Thanks for listening Tony.

At this point, I just want to play around with it in anticipation of Stephen's proposed game. I figure that I'll need to patch up to current. I hadn't played with it in a bout a year. Right now, can't even get that far.

I burned a copy of TOAW III from my previous WinXP box to a CD and loaded it onto the new Win7 box. When I double-click autorun application, it goes to a TOAW III splash screen. If I choose ", I get play" It give me the error message "The is an error with your serial number as entered. Please contact support@matrixgames.com for assistance. Error Code: 200" If I doubl-click resgister, it leads me to a Members Area of matrixgames.com where I cannot provide them with the requisite credentials to enter. Behind that "door" apparently is where I can "register" a game I've owned since 2006.

Hi Pete, that is a misleading door in this case. The ideal route is to find the original installer and if you are lucky you still have enough information to make http://www.findmyorder.com/ happy. If you get through that gate it will let you install the game anew, including the registry entries and possibly hidden maga.mg file that you need for the serial number check to work.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, post back and we can try the next thing. At least we'll keep you a little busy until Matrix responds.

Pete, I had a very similar error message when I installed Harpoon Ultimate, which I was able to eliminate by setting the game to run with administrator privileges. You might try doing that for your game, too. Also, when I sent an email to support@matrix.com, I got an autoreply message saying to use their online help web site, instead. Good luck, whatever you wind up trying!