Jump to content

ECM slot


Recommended Posts

Hello, I have another question.

At aircraft entry, we have a slot called ECM. Is it compatible with ECM pod.

For example, if we have a 10% ECM slot and a ALQ-131 ECM pod with 20%...

Do we get a total of 30% ECM (10%+20%)?

This is different if we have two ECM pods (20%*2=40%) that we know we can't have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And what is the difference between ECM and IR jammers and chaffs and flares?

Perhaps chaff and flares are useful against rear attack missiles?

Are ECM and IR jammers and chaffs and flares compatibles?

Can you add ECM (20%) and chaffs (20%) for a total of 40%?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jugasa77 said:

Hello, I have another question.

At aircraft entry, we have a slot called ECM. Is it compatible with ECM pod.

For example, if we have a 10% ECM slot and a ALQ-131 ECM pod with 20%...

Do we get a total of 30% ECM (10%+20%)?

This is different if we have two ECM pods (20%*2=40%) that we know we can't have.

That slot is inactivated and not operative from some 10 years ago, but Tony commented about its possible reactivation few years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jugasa77 said:

And what is the difference between ECM and IR jammers and chaffs and flares?

Perhaps chaff and flares are useful against rear attack missiles?

Are ECM and IR jammers and chaffs and flares compatibles?

Can you add ECM (20%) and chaffs (20%) for a total of 40%?

In the simulation all the countermeasures are 360 degrees capables, not only rear aspect.

ECM and IR jammers affect only the correspondent guidance type.

ECM and chaffs are not added (and I suspect it is a 1% intended residual probability to hit, even if the ECM/chaff/flare/jammer has a value superior to the missile probability to hit).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice conversation guys :).  I agree that ideally one would have electronic warfare gear as part of the loadout and zero out the aircraft level entries.  However, if there is a value in the aircraft level ECM entry, it will be used.  If the loadout ECM value is greater than the plane's, then the loadout ECM value will be used.  On a single plane, there is only one ECM strength value (i.e. they are not combined); however, two planes both doing standoff jamming will be better than a single plane doing standoff jamming.

 

I'll also point back to the following for additional information.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, broncepulido said:

In the simulation all the countermeasures are 360 degrees capables, not only rear aspect.

ECM and IR jammers affect only the correspondent guidance type.

ECM and chaffs are not added (and I suspect it is a 1% intended residual probability to hit, even if the ECM/chaff/flare/jammer has a value superior to the missile probability to hit).

I wish chaff were compatible with ECM, and flares with IR jammers.

Which is the "residual probability to hit"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, TonyE said:

Nice conversation guys :).  I agree that ideally one would have electronic warfare gear as part of the loadout and zero out the aircraft level entries.  However, if there is a value in the aircraft level ECM entry, it will be used.  If the loadout ECM value is greater than the plane's, then the loadout ECM value will be used.  On a single plane, there is only one ECM strength value (i.e. they are not combined); however, two planes both doing standoff jamming will be better than a single plane doing standoff jamming.

 

I'll also point back to the following for additional information.

 

So, if I have a F-16C with an ECM entry of 10% and a ALQ-131 pod of 20%, then the pH would be 20%. And if the loadout hasn't got the ALQ-131 pod, the pH would be 10%. Wouldn't it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jugasa77 said:

So, if I have a F-16C with an ECM entry of 10% and a ALQ-131 pod of 20%, then the pH would be 20%. And if the loadout hasn't got the ALQ-131 pod, the pH would be 10%. Wouldn't it?

Correct

effect4.c CheckGroupECM you can see the ECM modifier by turning on ECM logging in which case you will get entries like...

  ECM Point Defense ECM=20 Defender=F-16C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2024 at 7:58 PM, TonyE said:

Correct

effect4.c CheckGroupECM you can see the ECM modifier by turning on ECM logging in which case you will get entries like...

  ECM Point Defense ECM=20 Defender=F-16C

How can I see that? Is there any tool to see this parameter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2024 at 4:05 PM, TonyE said:

Nice conversation guys :).  I agree that ideally one would have electronic warfare gear as part of the loadout and zero out the aircraft level entries.

 

Ideally, we'd have both. Some electronic warfare systems are intrinsic to the airframe (this being more popularly the case as time goes on) while others are carried in pods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 10:23 AM, jugasa77 said:

How can I see that? Is there any tool to see this parameter?

Winharp32.exe -l ecm

That will turn on ECM logging which goes into the ge.log file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2024 at 10:57 AM, jugasa77 said:

I wish chaff were compatible with ECM, and flares with IR jammers.

Which is the "residual probability to hit"?

Are compatible, but only counts in eache spectre (radiofrequence or IR) the higher value.

"residual probability to hit" is 1%, when the value of countermeasures is higher than the probability to hit of the missile.

As example, a radar-guidedad missile has a PtH of 50, but the ECM value of the defending platform (ship, aircraft, etc..) is 55.

Theorically the missile can't hit the target, but it is a limited probability ("residual") of hit of 1%, not 0% or -5%.

But I've observed this behaviour few times, I'm not sure if is consistent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2024 at 9:25 PM, TonyE said:

Winharp32.exe -l ecm

That will turn on ECM logging which goes into the ge.log file.

I am not sure that I have understand? ge.log says after typing C:\Winharp -l ecm:

0 harpoon.c:986 - done processing arguments.  Activating logging for:
0 harpoon.c:1010 -     ecm
0 harpoon.c:1040 - GE is C:\Matrix Games\Harpoon Ultimate Edition\HUCE\Winharp32.exe

Where can I see that (the total pH)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...