War in the Pacific 1941-1945

KellyC

Enemy propaganda is running rampant. The Washington is banged up a little but is in no danger of sinking. It is currently in port repairing some damage before heading to a main base to fully rest and refit. I have plenty of BBs left to support my troops so you dont have to worry about that. The Maryland was lost but gave her life defending troops on the island of Pagan which has not suffered a bombardment attack since that exchange of fire. Air attacks against Pagan have decreased dramatically also. The base and troops are recovering nicely and will be shortly available for future operations against the evil empire.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I don't think Dewayne's forces on Pagan Island won't be around too much longer, regardless of what D says. As I predicted Dewayne has had to bring out his Carriers since he's run out of battleships. As we speak the CVE Nassau and probably the Wasp are making another run toward Pagan Island after regrouping and replenishing fuel and aircraft.

Also making plans to counter Dewayne's airfarce strikes from Bonin Group. Within a month or so Dewayne's units on Pagan will be in a POW camp.

Long live the Empire

Kelly-san

If you can do something about Bonin I will proclaim you victor. There is no way in heck you can beat Bonin down. As far as Pagan goes you could probably take it if you could get some more help down there but thats not gonna happen either. I rule almost all of the pacific and you cant take it back. Sure you still have a few islands in the pacific, but they are all cut off from the homelands and have trouble getting supplies. Victory is mine.

Well Dewayne's CVs went south toward Saipan and ran into my own CVs coming north for him. Needless to say we had ourselves a CV battle on Christmas Day, but after Dewayne mauled a surface group of mine, wasting precious sorties on ships that couldn't hurt his CVs.

So far from what I can tell it was a pretty fair exchange of blows, I torpedoed Wasp twice and hit the other units but not sure how bad. NOthing of mine got sunk outright but some of my CVs are limping back to port, which is a whole 3 hexes away. Dewayne on the otherhand has quite a distance to cover before he can reach safety.

Kelly-san

Well we're into the new year and it's not going all that great. Here's an update along with afew pics to give you a feel

for the war so far.

In Burma, Dewayne finally launched his counter-offensive. Driving several of my units out of the way and throwing the

rest across the river and into a heavily fortified city. He's got armor units mixed in as well and they can pursue after

shock attacks (which they did, not sure how they can jump a river chasing after the enemy but that's the way the

game engine works). Hopefully I can stall Dewayne out here for abit. I've got reinforcements on the way but it's just

a matter of time.

BurmaAlliedoffensive.jpg

Now in China it's the opposite. I'm besiging Sian and Homan cities and it doesn't look like Dewayne has the firepower

to prevent me from taking both cities.

China-1.jpg

Java and the Pacific is the same as last update, I just can't seem to take that last major city on Java and Dewayne has

sent in a bombardment force or two to blast my forces surrounding the city.

Pagan Island is another matter and I learned that the Allied torpedoes are now becoming way more effective (guess they

finally fixed that detonator problem).

Pagan-Saipanarea.jpg

Dewayne is trying to fly in supplies and elements from the 24th Division but all he's doing is increasing my pilot experience

along with their # of kills. C-47 Transports vrs Zeros is not a very healthy matchup for Allied pilots but it sure works for me. I'm building up my supplies and bringing in more material before launching my final attack.

Dewayne is also using his heavies out of Bonin Island for support by hammering my Saipan airfields and doing a very effective job of it but I'm still getting my own bombers over Pagan so I'm not too worried.

On the naval side of things it looks like both sides are weary of battle now. I've not seen Dewayne try to throw any surface

or carriers at me again. I think both our naval forces here are beatup pretty good and in need of major rest and refit.

We'll see though because Dewayne should be getting his Essex class CVs anytime (if he hasn't already).

Well that's about all to report from the front for now.

Hopefully the new year will bring good news for the Empire of Japan....or maybe not

Sincerely

Kelly-san

Despite stated enemy aircover my C-47s are landing troops and supplies on Pagan Island and I believe they can hold. Submarines and long range bombers are slowing down Kellys invasions forces at Pagan and while that is happening my troops are repairing airfield damage so shortly there will be organic aircover over the island. After that happens Saipan will be slowly starved to death. My troops have forced themselves into siege positions around Rahaeng and are resting after digging in to make the final assault to push the Japanese Army from there. New aircraft are coming off the assembly lines by the score. Next month Corsairs will start gracing the skies and the poor Zero menace will be no more.

• 3 weeks later...

Japanese offensive operations on all fronts have been stopped cold. Allied forces now outnumber Axis forces on Pagan Island and soon Japanese POWs will be helping to repair damage to the airfield. Fighter flights are already flying CAP with only a few nuisance flights of Japanese aircraft making it through. My troops are slowly battering through Rahaengs defenses and it is only a matter of time until it falls. I was finally able to gather enough fighters at Soerabaja to blast through Kellys large fighter CAP over Batavia bombing his runways and hangers into rubble while destroying over 90 enemy aircraft in the process. In China my forces are now holding strong his last attack costing him over 7000 troops at the cost of only 800 Chinese casualties. The enemy has been demoralized and is feeling the pressure of constant air attacks over the Japanese mainland. The bad part for him is that its only January 1943 and there is a whole lot of war left.

Sad to say but this time around the American propaganda machine is correct. I have been stymied at every corner by the massed air armada that Dewayne can hurl at me. My navy hasn't been defeated in battle yet. My CVs remain afloat so there is still fight left in me, but my days as emperor are numbered now as they always had been.

This is the problem when battling an opponent with unlimited resources and fightingmen.

Dewayne has the initive now and as far as I can tell there is no way to get it back, Dewayne's forward defense is starting to pay huge dividends though it has cost him massive losses in both men and material. When I start to get depressed I merely glance upon the sunk ship list and this gives me some solace because of all the American CVs on that list :lol: .

I'll try and do up a proper update to show the level of calamity that has befallen our beloved Empire of the Sun, as well as give you a picture of the dark forces now arrayed against the rightous leaders of the World.... Probably get to it on saturday if not later on next week (finally get to go on vacation).

Sincerely

Kelly-san

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the latest on the Burma front, Dewayne has launched a counter-attack towards Bangkok along the

Burma.jpg

Here's China, the white circle denotes Dewayne's forces that USED to occupy Homan before they got the boot

in my drive to Sian.

China-2.jpg

Distantoutposts1.jpg

Distantoutposts2.jpg