Tony's Status update

TonyE

2011/02/20 - First time firing up the game and selecting multiple sides for the player to control. Extended the Staff Assistant to indicate which side a message is for by modifying the window title (it already differentiated with the graphic chosen but this may be more easily interpreted and helps out the Green side). Also changed group window titles to indicate player assigned to the side being viewed. A long ways to go but progress nonetheless, thanks to Brains for pushing me to take the leap.

Might post a screenshot later.

• 5 months later...

Well, what can I say, I almost have my new programming environments set up. Nothing like programming in three worlds (16-bit, 32-bit, 64-bit) and I think we're up to 10 different languages now for HC (though C, Access+VBScript, and Delphi are the main ones). Moving to a different main computer is tough but this one seems fast enough that I've been setting up the programming tools in two virtual machines so they should transfer to a new computer more easily next time.

• 1 year later...

Last night I finally figured out why the AnnexIDs in the database have to be contiguous. It is because they aren't actually stored in the database at all, they are generated when the GE or SE is loaded and are assigned contiguously. This was part of figuring out a way to have 4096 items per annex instead of 2048 which is itself part of deciding whether to continue with the experimental line of builds or to abandon them and go back to the stable builds.