Over the shoulder missile shots

CV32

Following on from changes to aircraft turn rates (the results of which I am pretty happy with), I am now wondering whether there is anything we can do with putting an end to 'over the shoulder' missile shots.

Basically requiring the aircraft's direction of travel (within limits) to be consistent with the direction of the missile shot.

Perhaps the forward 180 degrees (or less), or tied to the radar coverage ... just tossing the idea out there.

(Maybe eventually we can adapt some of the code that was used for 'man in the loop' guided weapons and port it over to the semi-active radar guided missiles, but that's for later).

hello everyone!

I anticipated this question a while ago and logged my answer here: :D

But we should strike up a topic on firing solutions and hope that Tony will bite on it :). I so much hate those Mig25s launching Acrids on my rear aspect interceptors without ever twitching their nose. :wacko: Comeon, armies spent billions on toys like JHMCS and AIM-9X, you can't do it just like that. :D

Yeah, this is not new, Grumble. These questions and issues have been percolating for years.

To some extent, we have to accept that HCE is a simplified simulation, but where possible, we can investigate and make small but useful improvements step by step.

hello everyone!

I anticipated this question a while ago and logged my answer here: :D

But we should strike up a topic on firing solutions and hope that Tony will bite on it :). I so much hate those Mig25s launching Acrids on my rear aspect interceptors without ever twitching their nose. :wacko: Comeon, armies spent billions on toys like JHMCS and AIM-9X, you can't do it just like that. :D

Way to dig up existing collateral! Here I was just thinking about assuming any shots within ##nm would be allowed all-aspect but anything beyond ##nm would have to follow some forward firing arc. I guess that is not a popular assumption.