PDF Paper, or, What's available electronically?

BlindGuyNW

Hi All,

So I've been thinking about Harpoon and related matters recently, and one of the suggestions made was that I might want to get my hands on a copy of the paper rules in some form. I doubt i could actually play, but maybe it would help me get an idea of naval tactics, or at least understand what's possible a bit more.

I can seem to find almost everything except the rulebook in an electronic form. I have the "Dance of the Vampires," scenario book, and can get a copy of the "High Tide," data annex. There are miscellaneous books from the Admiralty Trilogy Group available at various places.

I suspect this is probably a lost cause, but does anybody have contacts who might be able to get me the rules material in an electronic format? Even if it isn't available to most people, if nothing else most books go through some form of electronic storage nowadays.

I'm also wondering if an earlier version of the rules might be more accessible, so to speak. I've read mixed reviews about H4 in that regard.

This is basically a shot in the dark. I suspect my best bet is going to be playing the computer game at some point, if access gets far enough along.

• 3 months later...

Are the older versions available? I only have the old Larry Bond rules. I don't know if that has a version number or what it might be. Mine is from the early 1990's, I think.

Late 80s is Harpoon 3, 90s is Harpoon 4. Harpoon 3 materials tend to be best acquired used in print form. Harpoon 4 varies. The base game or box set is H4.1 and you are probably best off grabbing that used as well. Supplements since then are available on WarGame vault http://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/7981/Admiralty-Trilogy-Group. The Naval SITREP "magazines" have rule and annex updates in them. Oh, High Tide is slightly newer than H4.1; no huge rules difference though.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I asked Mr. Carlson today.  He did not share a release date but did say he and Larry would be testing the newest air defense model at Cold Wars 2019 the middle of March.