empty folders

I'm not having any problem with those three. I tried both Google Chrome and IE7 to download the files and Winzip 9 to open them, all had the expected files and were not empty. Thanks for taking the time to work through this. Can you provide any more information?

I'm not having any problem with those three. I tried both Google Chrome and IE7 to download the files and Winzip 9 to open them, all had the expected files and were not empty. Thanks for taking the time to work through this. Can you provide any more information?

i must have done something wrong unzipping them or something. kind of a rookie at using it i'm afraid. i may just d/l them again and try it again.

i must have done something wrong unzipping them or something. kind of a rookie at using it i'm afraid. i may just d/l them again and try it again.

ok ithink i know why it looks like the folders, when i go to open the folder to play it i only have the optiion to open one type of file name estension and it's the wrong one. dont know how to change it. there r no other options in the drop down menu

Might be some kind of gremlin.

If you still can't get a clean download, I'll send you copies from my files.

tried it twice and does the same thing. i tried you and me against the world and it does the same thing too. on the other hand i have d/l and played a number of others that work too so go figure

Perhaps you are just trying to open the scenario in the wrong battleset. You first need to select the correct battleset for the scenario when starting the game. Once you are in that battleset you can choose Load User Scenario. A chart of file extension vs battlesets can be found at:

http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?showtopic=2380

Perhaps you are just trying to open the scenario in the wrong battleset. You first need to select the correct battleset for the scenario when starting the game. Once you are in that battleset you can choose Load User Scenario. A chart of file extension vs battlesets can be found at:

http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?showtopic=2380

so i would say based on that it might be a good idea to have a separate scenario folder for each battleset. is this possible?

also on a separate note i noticed that the F-14 tomcat phoenix missle has been decreased range from what i remember 60nm as opposed to 110nm when was this changed. it doesn't give the Tomcat the advantage it used to have.

so i would say based on that it might be a good idea to have a separate scenario folder for each battleset. is this possible?

also on a separate note i noticed that the F-14 tomcat phoenix missle has been decreased range from what i remember 60nm as opposed to 110nm when was this changed. it doesn't give the Tomcat the advantage it used to have.

Yes, you can keep scenarios in as many different folders as you desire. I feel your pain with the F-14, I loved the 110nm Phoenix!

... i noticed that the F-14 tomcat phoenix missle has been decreased range from what i remember 60nm as opposed to 110nm when was this changed. it doesn't give the Tomcat the advantage it used to have.

Its been adjusted upward to 80 nm in H4 data and this will appear in the next iteration of the HCDB and my other databases.

how many different databases are there and can you switch from one to the other? what are the main differences.

in a nutshell... because this may open a big can of worms

We're lucky that all of the published HCE databases are here at HarpGamer (thanks to Brad/CV32 and Rene/Divefreek for making that happen). The listing of them is at http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?a...s&showcat=3.

There are databases ranging from WWII to the present (and a bit beyond). One of the game limitations is the number of entries in a database so a single comprehensive database from WWII to present is pretty much impossible to build at this time.

Yes, you can switch between databases. They are often distributed as a commondb.res and optionally commondb.rsr file zipped up. Whatever commondb database you have in the game directory when you start the game is the database that will be used for EC2003 and newer battlesets, including custom-made battlesets that don't include a database (some do include the DB).

Shuffling the databases around can become confusing. Just remember that not all databases work with all scenarios. The scenario downloads here at HarpGamer indicate which database is suggested to play a scenario. For the built-in EC2003/WestPac scenarios your best bet is the HCDB database.

The database authors tend to be receptive to making database additions and changes if you have a solid intent to make a scenario with certain units that aren't available already.