Beta 2022.005 / Scenario Editor not running under Windows 10

JSF

Hi all,

I´ve been out for a year or so due to additional work packages, some unexpected. Now I´m slowly on my way back and willing to start scenario writing; after a 5 (?) years pause. I just installed the latest GE/Se combination. GE works fine, but I cannot start SE.

In the old times I knew those issues and the solutions, but I´m a bit rusty.

So - how to get scenario editor working?

Thanks in advance!

I´ve got a second issue: Trying to install Harpoon Classic UE on my laptop, too,  I face the following problem:  Standard installation is 2009.50. Then I go to the latest official, 2015.027. Ok so far. Then I install the 2018 beta. After that - not valid license. Installing 2022.005 over this version does not help. 

What to do? Can I skip this 2018 version?

7 hours ago, TonyE said:

Remember to run the GE/Winharp32.exe as an administrator, otherwise Matrix Games' license checking program will fail.

Ok, I see. Now I remember that one, too. 😀And what about that outdated 2018 beta version (expired) - is it still necessary to install it over 2015.07, before I install 2022.05? Or can I install the latest beta straight over the lates official release?

You should still install the 2018 as listed on the beta download post as it includes some files that aren't in the latest beta installer.  They are probably few enough now that I could just combine them into one installer, just haven't done that yet.

3 hours ago, TonyE said:

You should still install the 2018 as listed on the beta download post as it includes some files that aren't in the latest beta installer.  They are probably few enough now that I could just combine them into one installer, just haven't done that yet.

Roger.