Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

HarpGamer

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can you "un-probable killed"

Featured Replies

I'm frequently having a situation where I have done significant damage to some members of a task group and I "K" them (denote probable kill) so that auto or blanket attacks use resources to more benefit but then when I get the others hosed down sufficiently I don't seem to be able to undo the "K" tag in order to finish them off.

I suppose being a good humanitarian I should leave them in their toothless but living state, however the victory conditions don't seem to share this view.

Is there a way to undo the "K" command (I can't find any in the manuals), do people think that the "K" command is to be avoided?

Interested to hear experienced opinions.

Don

ISTR that there is indeed a hot key to reverse that....I think it's a toggle. I'll check it out.

 

The victory conditions in ANW require a set % of damage to achieve. Typically any ship that suffers more than 60-65% damage will be down for the count and will eventually sink. The solution is more and more weapons. Depending on the target I usually try and allocate 150% of the targets DP in weapons. If you`re going up against dedicated air defense ships [anything with AEGIS] for example, then bring ARMs, decoys, and stand off jamming. In fact, it may be easier just to bring a sub in range and put two torpedoes into it. That will kill any AEGIS ship.

 

As in real life, fire is the major killer. If the ship can get the fires under control and/or extinguished then it goes a long way to ensuring the survival of the ship. It can get very random though....I was once playing a game where a Russian convoy came under attack by NATO task force...CIWS couldn't handle all the leakers and the Sovremmenny took two RBS-15 hits. Ok not that bad on damage, only some minor critical hits bad fire though so I kept an eye on her. Eventually the fire was reduced from a 'conflagration' to 'minor' but this 'minor' fire managed to reach a magazine and the ship blew up.

 

Re-Playing that same scenario a day or so later a SSK came out of nowhere and put a torpedo into that same destroyer. 97% damage but the ship was able to make port with most of her systems intact.

 

Probably the most recent examples of ship damage in this manner will be USS Stark [missile hit], HMS Ardent [bombed, commanded at the time by a future First Sea Lord] and HMS Antelope [hit by a dud bomb that blew while EOD tried to defuse].

 

Later

D

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.