Reload time for RIM-8 Talos?

CV32

Another ideas:

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=81389

"Friedman's US Naval Weapons says ROF for the Mk 12 was similar to the Mk 7, which is credited with an time of 57 seconds to fire the first salvo from ready storage and with 46 seconds between salvos in continuous firing (flight time would be the actual limiting factor in long-range engagements, since time to maximum range was three or four minutes). The same book has a nice diagram of the MK 12, but I have no scanner."

Heh, looks like Peter Grining had asked this question before. Wonder if he ever got a definitive answer ...

"Friedman's US Naval Weapons says ROF for the Mk 12 was similar to the Mk 7, which is credited with an time of 57 seconds to fire the first salvo from ready storage and with 46 seconds between salvos in continuous firing (flight time would be the actual limiting factor in long-range engagements, since time to maximum range was three or four minutes). The same book has a nice diagram of the MK 12, but I have no scanner."

Yeah, I am aware of this source. Problem is that it doesn't differentiate between the 16 rounds in ready storage and the remainder of the magazine. There may not be any appreciable difference, but that's why I am looking for something definitive.

The same time values here:

http://www.okieboat.com/Talos%20firing%20operations.html

Missile firing operations were carried out in Weapons Control. When a target was designated the SPG-49 target tracking radars were activated and began a search to locate the target. When the target was acquired the range, bearing and altitude information from the SPG-49 was fed to the missile fire control computer to calculate an intercept point. Weapons Control determined the type of warhead to use to destroy the target and selected missiles in the Area 2 ready service magazine. The missiles were then placed on the rail and moved to the Area 1 wing and fin stations. The Area 1 crews installed wings and fins on the missiles and boosters and then moved the missile to the launcher. It took about 57 seconds to move the first salvo from the ready service magazine to the launcher and be ready for firing, and about 46 seconds for succeeding salvos. Two missiles were typically used to engage a target in combat, but only one was fired during test shots.