Two wishes related to ASW

Rescue 193

Hello!

I've skimmed through some of the wish lists and but not stumbled across (or, at least, recognised) these items elsewhere. But, please accept my apologies if I'm covering old ground.

Wish 1

Having detected an and then localised a hostile submarine contact the "Message log" tells me I've detected a submarine contact 00U by Sonobuoy - and because its in a bit of a hurry  -its identified as an Akula. All of which is fair enough. However, the Unit window tells me its ZT002 which implies there are at least two other 'bad guys' (ZT000 and ZT001) down there that I ought to be looking for even though I've no other contacts on screen. Were it not for the 'clue' provided I'd have no reason to believe (although I might suspect it because Red subs seldom hunt on their own) that this Akula wasn't the proverbial  'lone shark' on the prowl.

My point is that the game is telling me stuff that I can't possibly know, which gives me and edge which I ought not to have. (This also prompts the question: Does the AI get a similar clue when its attacked by the human player?) 

So - and here's the wish - would it be possible to somehow withhold the info on the size of the hostile sub group until additional contacts have been detected?

SS1

Wish 2

When attacking a Red sub group containing multiple subs the game default is that all the ASW assets allocated go after ZX000, ZX001 ZX002 and so on. While I understand that ZX000 might be, say, an Oscar and thus pose the greatest threat to Blue, but given the Zone sizes available in a submarine group formation, there might be an equally dangerous threat posed by a Red SSN that's a darn sight closer! 

Thus my second wish is: When a hostile Red sub group has been detected would it be possible to select the order in which the ASW assets attack the subs or, indeed, attack two or more subs concurrently?  It would allow the, say, the helos to go after the target close to the friendly formation while the faster fixed-wing assets legged-it out to the more distant threat.    

• Like 1

Hey Rescue

I believe on you wish 2 if you are using tool box get you can actually do this in the attack page. You can steer an ASW AC to cover the specific sub you want to attack first. It will go right over it allowing you to attack it first. This could be done manually but you can set this and forget it till the AC reaches the desire place. It will then ask for orders. With ships it comes down to range and you weapons choice will decide which are in range. Your first wish I can say I never looked at that but I think it was because when I let go a torpedo everybody else goes loud.

33 minutes ago, Tony said:

Your first wish I can say I never looked at that but I think it was because when I let go a torpedo everybody else goes loud.

Mon Brave,

What you say is true, but... 

Were it my sub group I'd detach the targetted sub from the group - ping and run for safety on a misleading heading - and let the others continue on their sneaky way but...

The real issue - from my entirely pedantic point of view - is that I glean intelligence from the game that I have no right to possess and that allows me to allocate my ASW assets in way (or ways) that I might not otherwise have done and I guess that was my point. Academic, perhaps, but valid don't you think?

I've no idea how simple - or, more probably, complicated - it might be to fulfil my wish and, as you say once a torpedo is in the water the default reaction is for everyone to ping and run (even if they're 50nm distant) so I (grudgingly 😞) accept that as things stand the system works .

As for Wish 2 & Toolbox, give me a break mate! I'm just a simple sailor and I've only just got the hang of the IFR thing so please don't rush me 🥺.

Seadog's brief is probably more than adequate for the cognoscenti  but, as I've mentioned elsewhere,  they can be a little partial and quite gnomic (what does the "1 Rep 2" button do?).  

Thank you, as always, for responding so promptly.

R193