About This File
What's New in Version Build 18 See changelog
The dmg file will download but must be activated by clicking on it in the download pane of the browser or double-click on it using Finder (in the Downloads folder).
The dmg will open as an attached device (sorry--there is no installer yet for SimPlot). If a window pops up showing the SimPlot2.app file, please close it. Running SP2 from that window will only provide a temporary storage space for the application.
Using Finder, create a new sub-folder in your Applications folder (ex: SimPlot2). Drag and drop the SimPlot2.app file from the attached device to your new folder. Close the attached device (click the close button next to it in Finder).
You are now ready to use SimPlot by double-clicking the SimPlot2.app file. You may get a security warning, but allow it to continue opening the application.
- The Formation Editor window is now mostly functional. You can create a new formation by selecting the center unit, then open the Formation Editor window from the Units menu. Type in a formation name and press Create Formation. Other movable units (and only units that are able to move) may be added by selecting them and push the Add Unit button.
- Formations can be given movement orders either in the Formation Editor window, setting the center unit movement using F1 (modify unit), or by creating waypoints for the center unit.
- For now, formations are limited to compass bearings only (North orientation), and distances from the center unit in nmi. There will be more options later.
- Members of a formation are easily seen on the map when the Text Tags are visible. The formation center will have an "*" before the name.
- The formation movement routine works, but does not play well with the movement undo or replay features.
- Also, a new feature has been added to allow players to forgo saving the past movement track data with scenario files. This will greatly reduce file size. The option is selectable in the File menu. It is always on when you start or load a scenario. Once turned off it will stay off for the duration of the application.
- With version Build 18: