About This File
What's New in Version Build 15 See changelog
Unzip the folder to your desktop. There are several methods to try to get SimPlot2 to work on a Mac. I apologize for the inconvenience, but Apple makes things very difficult for independent developers.
- Go into the folder using Finder and navigate to the Contents/MacOS folder and right-click on SimPlot2. Select "Open". There may be security questions. If this doesn't work try step 2.
- Go into the folder using Finder and double-click the SimPlot2.sh file. If that doesn't work, try right-clicking on SimPlot2.sh and select "Open with". If there is no option for "Terminal" then try step 3.
- Open the Terminal app from Launchpad. It should start at the "~" directory (that's your home directory). Type "cd Desktop/SimPlot2_3_beta_15". Then execute the shell file by typing "./SimPlot2.sh" and press return. If SimPlot2 doesn't work try step 4.
- Type "chmod 755 SimPlot2.sh". Try to run the file again by typing "./SimPlot2.sh". If that doesn't work try step 5.
- Type "xattr -l SimPlot2.sh". Look for "com.apple.quarantine". If there is one listed, type "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine SimPlot2.sh". Try executing the script again by typing "./SimPlot2.sh".
- With version Build 15: