Blue Player AAR

kmart494

Having never played Harpoon this way before I don't have anything to compare it to so I can't really give you a whole lot of information about the Simplot Viewer. Maybe Tony will have a better idea on that one.

I need to get used to setting up the beginning of the game with range circles.

The Simplot viewer is probably a lot easier to use and set up (first turn) than I made it to be trying to rush at the start of the game. Everything was new to me at once so it was a little confusing to me.

Since I have played my first scenario the next time I will have a better understanding of the game and what I can do.

I appreciated the help with rules and what it took to turn radars on and what modes to place my radars in. The PC version does that all for you which you take for granted as a HC player.

While up Milwaukee I did see a book of Harpoon platforms and would like to find one of them to make it easier for me to play. Tony and I actually looked up the YAK-141 in the book after I mentioned how hard it was to shoot one down in HC. We compared the book version to the one in the HC database and found out why it was hard to shoot down. It had thrust vectoring nozzles making it very maneuverable.

Having done a lot of research on weapons systems and platforms for my fictional database I know how much work it takes to learn about the ships, planes and submarines and all their equipment.