PLAN Strikes Back - the Prequel

pmaidhof

4x Experienced MiG-29K at High Alt. and 6x Competent J-10 at high altitude (flying top cover for the JH-7A's), both at cruise throttle, detect each other at 71.5nm.

Both groups of fighters accelerate to FMP and close.

Both the Indians and Chinese fires long range missile fire at a range of 34.3nm. 6x R-77 and 4x PL-12.

Due to the same distance and speed, the missiles all reach their targets at approximately the same time.

R-77 ATA 7.0 -4.5 (J-10 Man Rating) -0.5 (J-10 3rd Gen Decoys) -0.5 (J-10 VSmall Target) = 1.5 Missile Index -1 row due to Experienced vs Competent. pK = 50% 4 Kills rolled.

PL-12 ATA 6.5 -5 (MiG-29k manual rating) -0.5 (MiG-29K 3rd Gen Decoys) = 1.0 missile index +1 row due to competent vs Experienced. pK = 40%. All four roll as missed.

This possibly allows, on this night, the MiG's to jump the raiding Flounders before they can launch their retalitory strike on the Indian SAG.

hmm...

Bah, my detection numbers are off. It would be a max detection range of 75nm if the targets were "Large". My data shows the MiG-29K as Small signature, while the J-10 as Very Small. Needless to say, I had some exchanges with Paul K who has some late breaking info which jazz's up all of my radar stats and re-classifies the J-10 a Small.

MTF :angry::D

Jumping right into the dogfight part for fun, 6x J-10 fighters attempt to sweep away the 4x MiG-29K CAP. The first time I tried Competent vs Competent. The dogfight begins with the 4x Indians firing 1x R-77 at sparate targets, shooting down 1x J-10. The five surviving J-10's launch 1x PL-12 each at the four MiG's, knocking down three! In the second round, the surviving MiG tried to escape the dogfight but fails, while the J-10's all miss. In the third round the surviving MiG succeeds in his escape attempt.

2nd run through, the 4x MiG-29K's are elevated to experienced, while the PLAN remains at competent. Previous attempts at this combination have had the MiG's wiping up the floor with the J-10's...Not today. The first round has MiG's and J-10 exchanging one hit. In round two the remaining MiG's all miss with their R-77's while the J-10's score two more hits with their PL-12's. In the third round, the surviving MiG-29K pilot believing his superiority charges into the fray firing two R-77's which both miss, the 5x J-10 pilots humor him before shooting him down as well.

The day goes to the "heroes" of the PLAN, probably clearing the way for the JH-7A Flounder attack aircraft.