Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

HarpGamer

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Information Dissemination - Cheonan Sinking Intel Leak

Featured Replies

A South Korean politician has provided a small intel dump regarding the situation just prior to the sinking of the Navy corvette Cheonan.

The Navy corvette Cheonan was warned on the morning it sank on March 26 that a salmon-class North Korean submarine and support ships had disappeared from their bases the day before, a lawmaker claims.

 

Democratic Party lawmaker Shin Hak-yong on Monday said on the morning of the North's attack on the Cheonan, "warnings were given by the Second Fleet Command that a salmon-class North Korean submarine and support ships had been out to sea for unknown operations. Right before the Cheonan was attacked, all artillery guns on the nearby North Korean coasts were found to be combat-ready. But despite these rapid movements of the North Korean military, neither the Joint Chiefs of Staff nor the Second Fleet Command took appropriate measures."

The article is a very interesting read.

7336109314142259809-1392393059135080831?l=www.informationdissemination.net

di

di

InformationDissemination?d=yIl2AUoC8zA InformationDissemination?d=63t7Ie-LG7Y InformationDissemination?i=Wbe9fitUXoA:bYKJ7EOx7Sw:F7zBnMyn0Lo InformationDissemination?d=qj6IDK7rITs InformationDissemination?i=Wbe9fitUXoA:bYKJ7EOx7Sw:ox31PKoH4eU

Wbe9fitUXoA

 

View the full article

The Navy corvette Cheonan was warned on the morning it sank on March 26 that a salmon-class North Korean submarine and support ships had disappeared from their bases the day before, a lawmaker claims. Democratic Party lawmaker Shin Hak-yong on Monday said on the morning of the North's attack on the Cheonan, "warnings were given by the Second Fleet Command that a salmon-class North Korean submarine and support ships had been out to sea for unknown operations. Right before the Cheonan was attacked, all artillery guns on the nearby North Korean coasts were found to be combat-ready. But despite these rapid movements of the North Korean military, neither the Joint Chiefs of Staff nor the Second Fleet Command took appropriate measures."

 

The info about the DPRK submarine being absent from its berth was, iirc, already known and publicly disclosed back in March, following the sinking. The bit about the artillery being manned and ready is interesting but I understand that these (or nearby) batteries regularly conducted fires into the ocean in that broader area. I am not sure that either piece of intel could have helped Cheonan.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.