Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

HarpGamer

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CDR Salamander - Three Years Since the Oct. 7th Slaughter

Featured Replies

rssImage-1d6bca85753e868458538e64e795bb5d.jpeg

On certain anniversaries, I tend to repost some things I’ve written on the topic. On occasion I repost in full; other times I make slight modifications and updates. I’m going to do a 80/20 of the later today on a post I did on October 7th of last year. We have a few thousand more new readers this year than last, so they need a catch-up anyway.

Some things are so fundamental, they don’t change all that much over time.

Hard moments in history are clarifying events. The more difficult they are, the clearer they can make things for you.

As I have mentioned before, one of the big wake-up calls I received after October 7th, 2023, was how much very real Jew-hate existed in modern Western society. Not just there, but excused by a large part of our cultural and political system as well.

People and institutions revealed themselves to us. Distressing, but clarifying. Don’t look away when you see what is being said and done today. No. Look closer. Remember. Note. Act. Don’t forget.

Politicians, academics, the media, the entertainment industry, and just the people down the street revealed themselves. The mask did not slip; for many, it was gleefully ripped off.

While the universities have quieted, a bit, the real important areas are thoroughly infected. Just look at the Senate race in Michigan. Look at some of the candidates for statewide office in Minnesota. Look at the newly elected mayor of New York City.

Jew hate—and I am not interested in your nuanced spin about anti-Zionism, let’s be adults here—has been mainstreamed. And it started the same day the Palestinian Arabs in Gaza set forth on their murder, rape, pillage, and kidnapping.

As for Gaza in 2026, I have no more sympathy for that city than I have for the cities of Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan that we and the British left in ruin. They started wars of aggression, and the victims of that aggression rose to the occasion to stand against evil. They started total war, they invited total war.

Those who wanted total war, supported total war, or did nothing to stop total war—behold the feast you brought upon yourself. Either accelerationists or nihilists, it does not matter.

Behold the wages of your enterprise.

Israel was, if anything, restrained in this war—more restrained than almost any equally justified military in history.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama

As we are now starting our fourth year of the Israeli-Gaza War of 2023, I’m not going to retell a lot that I’ve already written on the topic. If you want to catch up, see the posts with Gaza and Israel tags.

I want to remind everyone how we got here.

Talk to anyone familiar with the political realities on the ground on October 6th, 2023, and they will tell you that the communities that surrounded Gaza were, politically, the most accommodating and left-leaning you would find in Israel. The ones who had the most sympathy for Gazans. It was those Israelis who received the nightmarish wrath that extruded out of Gaza the morning of October 7th, 2023.

Just look at the killings and kidnappings numbers for some perspective.

Since October 7, 2023, Israel has been at war with the Palestinian Sunni Islamist group Hamas (a U.S.-designated foreign terrorist organization, or FTO), which led an attack that day from the Gaza Strip into Israel. More than 1,200 Israelis and foreign nationals (including 46 U.S. citizens in Israel) were killed on October 7, and Hamas and other groups also seized some 251 hostages.

How should Americans look at those numbers (besides the very real 46 fellow Americans killed). When adjusted for population, that would be as if in one day, 40,729 Americans were killed by an invading force. 8,519 Americans kidnapped.

Would we do any less? I think not.

That is just the murder and kidnapping. I would refer everyone to the Dinah Project Report if they want details of the campaign of rape on October 7th. The injured are in the thousands more.

Now, today, see what is right in front of you. All across the world, the campaign of rape and murder that Gazans opened their war with has been rewarded by recognition of a state that never existed. Left-wing cities and college campuses have allowed open Jew-hate to flourish. Hundreds of thousands have marched from Amsterdam to Dearborn supporting Hamas, and, as such, wholesale rape, murder, torture, and kidnapping.

It really is that simple. Those who excuse it are, in my mind, as morally bankrupt as those who support it.

Never again? For the worst reasons, we have decided that, perhaps, just a little.

Demand accountability and call it as you see it.

Speaking of institutional rot, I would be remiss—because it is inside the Navy lifelines—if I did not once again remind everyone of the moral cowardice of one of our own institutions. In a venue that justified its existence largely on the lack of attention to the plight of women as victims of war, the staff that run the Women, Peace, and Security program at the Naval War College ignored—just weeks after the mass rape and slaughter of women and girls—the entire atrocity by Gaza.

I am still waiting for full accountability there. Heck, I’ll just take partial at this point.

Where to from here? I don’t know. What I do know is that anyone who calls for a “two-state solution” simply has not been paying attention. Even Israeli Arabs no long think this is possible.

A bar chart showing that Jewish and Arab Israelis have lost confidence in the two-state solution

To finish things up, Konstantin Kisin has some points that need to be heard. As good now as then.

Share

Leave a comment

This Substack is reader-supported. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.

View the full article

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.