The MBX/CPX List

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, Saw some incoming traffic on my website and discovered this thread about MBXs... I did the ENN news websites for both RikkiTikki's "Battle of Brunei" and "Global Thunder" MBXs. A link to one of the latter's pages was mentioned here (sinking of the US Carrier) and I saw some visits to that page ... I had a ton of fun doing those ENN websites - although it was a LOT of work too - which is why I continued to keep them hosted online. :) Regards, - Steve

Hey, Steve, long time no see. Welcome! And yeah, those ENN broadcasts were a lot of fun. It was self-evident that a lot of effort went into them, and they certainly added superb flavor to the wargame. :)

Gentlemen,

Greetings to you all its been a while. I was the umpire for surge into the Barents. I found umpiring this scenario, interesting, fun, and disappointing. It was interesting to see how each player used their platforms. For insistence and unexpectedly the British submarine raised its periscope in the middle of the Barents Sea. Immediately soviet helicopter radar picked it up. Billions of dollars of stealth technology went down the drain. As an umpire I had a dilemma. Do I allow a completely unrealistic order or do I allow it? I opted for the latter respecting the player’s orders. Doing this gave the Soviet side an excellent start to the scenario. The scenario was fun to umpire since I could interact with many people who share the same interest. My wife is not really interested in Data Annexes. The scenario was disappointing to me personally because, although real life stuff does get in the way, I felt I let a lot of people down with my unexpectent ending of the game. I had full intentions of going to the very end. But it wasn’t to be. When umpiring a game you learn an awful lot about what to do and what not to do. When doing these types of games the umpire and players can only give there best efforts with the main goal for people to enjoy the hobby they’ve invested in. Currently I recently joined Mach Two Vampires: David & Goliath. My user name is “Hornet”

Also, I would like to know what type of MBX would you like to see in the future and what is the best method or means to conduct an MBX.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the welcome and nice to (re)see you (again). :)

I will check for Battle of Brunei content. I might have some of the ENN web pages somewhere - but that was a few computers ago, so unsure if it made the hard drive transition each time. lol

If so, I will post them online and give a heads up here. That series of late 1990s ENN editions were created in WORD and I believe I did all the photo creation / editing with Windows Paint, so it's not up to modern snuff. Ha.

Looking forward to chatting again soon!

- Steve

Greetings to you all its been a while. I was the umpire for surge into the Barents.

Welcome Ross! I enjoyed Surge into the Barents despite being sunk and fully support and agree with the umpiring decisions that you made. You also had imho good and valid reasons why the game could not continue so no hard feelings there. The die was already cast anyway, it was just going to be a fun exercise to see if the remaining aces of the deep could pull out some payback.

• 2 weeks later...

My contribution:

In Progress

Operation Triton (2009 to present)

Ruleset: Harpoon 4 and GCS + GCS home rules + Combat Flight Simulators

Scenario: A today one-side MBX involving conflicts in Morroco North Coast (ProWestern Republic Old Spanish Morroco Protectorade v Muslin Ayatola Aliance (Algeria + Libia + Tunicia)

Status: Ongoing, currently in first part. Subject to a delays due to Umpire computer problems.

webside:OpTriton

ok, translated into English most of the post on the forum of Operation Triton, now publishes posts in Spanish and English. Soon, makes an order for tactical commanders to put in that operation. The documents take me a week to two to translate into English.

A detail that had no place, is that in addition to GCS, I am trying homemade rules are posted on my blog soon, I dare also complementary information.

• 1 month later...

New contributions:

CPX

Name: Cakes from heaven (2010)

Languaje: Spanish and English

Type: Harpoon instroductory AAR scenery MOD based forum

Ruleset: Harpoon 4

Scenario: A today one-side CBX involving conflicts in Europe Navys convoy vs Muslin Ayatola Aliance (Algeria + Libia + Tunicia)

webside: Recluit post

MBX

Name: Frointer Protectors (2010)

Languaje: Spanish and English

Type: Strategic and Naval component of Operation Triton MBX

Ruleset: Harpoon 4

Scenario: Adition for Strategic sfere of OpTr and bossting naval component in H4

webside: Recluit post

For forum registraction contact administrator via email to info@4thperrus.com