32-bit Scenario Editor Progress

TonyE

January 10th I restarted the attempt to make a 32-bit scenario editor based on the current codebase. That day saw the development environment configured well enough to start compiling. Ended up at 39 errors, 667 warnings during compilation. For reference, the program doesn't get to run and go down in flames until there are 0 compilation errors.

January 20th update: 23 errors, 652 warnings, progress...

Hi Tony,

January 10th I restarted the attempt to make a 32-bit scenario editor based on the current codebase. That day saw the development environment configured well enough to start compiling. Ended up at 39 errors, 667 warnings during compilation. For reference, the program doesn't get to run and go down in flames until there are 0 compilation errors.

January 20th update: 23 errors, 652 warnings, progress...

That is excellent news! A decent scen edit with a halfways modern GUI would be great for HCE. When writing my last scens I always became a little depressed using this terrible outdated tool.

Best Regards,

Ralf

Thanks, Tony. To borrow a little from Winston: "Never in the field of [HCE] was so much owed by so many to so few".

+1

But your name has to be added, Brad.

Been out of Harpoon scenario creation for some time, but restarted working on several ANW and HCE scens. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

No, got sidetracked by other stuff. It has become so much easier to run the existing SE in a virtual environment that I feel less and less inclined to pour time into a conversion of the existing SE code. That's not to say the idea is dead, just on pause for the moment.

I tried running the Scenario Editor in the Virtual Machine environment, and it's working. Machine has Windows 7 pro, and an XP emulation. My current XP desktop (8 years old) is running into some OS corruption issues and will be undergoing "staged retirement". Just remember that you have to do an install onto the virtual machine, not just the Windows 7.

• 1 year later...

Hi gkm,

I tried running the Scenario Editor in the Virtual Machine environment, and it's working. Machine has Windows 7 pro, and an XP emulation. My current XP desktop (8 years old) is running into some OS corruption issues and will be undergoing "staged retirement". Just remember that you have to do an install onto the virtual machine, not just the Windows 7.

How to do that?I just bought a

new PC, running Win 7 HP 64bit and the scenario editor no longer runs. How to make it happen?

tia

Ralf