A lock/remember feature for the windows.

mack

I'm wondering if it's possible to get some kind of "lock" for the windows, as I'm functionally an idiot, I keep managing to press the "cascade" button and ruin my window sizes and whatnot. Could we get a "custom" remembering feature or a lock so you can't change it?

I'm wondering if it's possible to get some kind of "lock" for the windows, as I'm functionally an idiot, I keep managing to press the "cascade" button and ruin my window sizes and whatnot. Could we get a "custom" remembering feature or a lock so you can't change it?

Been there, done that too many times to count. I hate the 'cascade' button. I'd be happy enough if we got rid of it or replaced it with some other useful feature, like the 'window lock' you mention.

Been there, done that too many times to count. I hate the 'cascade' button. I'd be happy enough if we got rid of it or replaced it with some other useful feature, like the 'window lock' you mention.

Looks like a wish list item, eh. I haven't found a single program in which I like cascade, in fact if it wasn't for the great Australian beer by that name I'd reckon the whole word could be done without.

Don.

Looks like a wish list item, eh. I haven't found a single program in which I like cascade, in fact if it wasn't for the great Australian beer by that name I'd reckon the whole word could be done without.

Don.

Well, I understand there's a rather pretty mountain range somewhere with that name, so perhaps we shouldn't get *too* hasty here ... :D

Don.

Well, I understand there's a rather pretty mountain range somewhere with that name, so perhaps we shouldn't get *too* hasty here ... :D

Sounds like a great place for drinking the beer, now where's that esky?

Don

As a quick partial annoyance reducer how about disabling or removing the Cascade menu option?

I'd be in favour of removing it altogether, but if it should be retained (but disabled) as a placeholder or reminder that'd be fine too.

As a quick partial annoyance reducer how about disabling or removing the Cascade menu option?

While I personally never use cascade (its cumbersome and annoying to me) there might be people that do. I'd say leave the ability, but make it an 'opt in' thing where you have to purposely set it to cascade the windows. That is remove the menu option so it can't be accidentally activated, but still have the ability available to those that want it.

While I personally never use cascade (its cumbersome and annoying to me) there might be people that do. I'd say leave the ability, but make it an 'opt in' thing where you have to purposely set it to cascade the windows. That is remove the menu option so it can't be accidentally activated, but still have the ability available to those that want it.

Hehe, sorry, that isn't a quick partial annoyance reducer

Whilst I'm on the subject of the UI, is it possible for the following windows to be made resizable/bigger:

Select Battleset menu.

Ready aircraft menu.

Launch aircraft menu.

Aircraft loadout menu.

Formation editor (and perhaps make it so it doesn't snap back to the top of the list).

Attack menu.

Whilst I'm on the subject of the UI, is it possible for the following windows to be made resizable/bigger:

Select Battleset menu.

Ready aircraft menu.

Launch aircraft menu.

Aircraft loadout menu.

Formation editor (and perhaps make it so it doesn't snap back to the top of the list).

Attack menu.

not so that they'd be useful (i.e. making the window resizeable isn't prohibitively difficult, making everything within the window resize is a different story...

Damn. It'd be really nice if it were possible to extend the formation and ready/launch aircraft screens down so you could see say, an entire carrier groups air wing at once. I don't think it'd matter as much from the right to left stuff, but making them longer up/down would be awesome.

The formation window annoys me especially because it seems to "snap" back up to the top of the list sometimes and I have to scroll all the way back down.

Damn. It'd be really nice if it were possible to extend the formation and ready/launch aircraft screens down so you could see say, an entire carrier groups air wing at once. I don't think it'd matter as much from the right to left stuff, but making them longer up/down would be awesome.

The formation window annoys me especially because it seems to "snap" back up to the top of the list sometimes and I have to scroll all the way back down.

I'd think that the size isn't so important, afterall if you have a really big list it still won't fit. What would be good is that in all of these sort of lists that the highlighted/ cursor position stay put in the window after a selection command is made until the OK or what ever is pushed. I seem to recall something like this coming up in the windows for selecting units for groups in the scenario editor (or was it somewhere else?).

It's the 'snap' we need to get rid of I think?

Don.