NHL Playoff's

pmaidhof

The way the NY Rangers played this regular season, up to the Olympic break, rejuvenated the franchise after failing to make the playoffs for more years than I care to remember. The lock-out/strike forced the Rangers to go with more of a youth movement than I believe management ever thought possible here in New York. We'll have to see how this project proceeds next season and beyond.

The Rangers fate this year seems all but certain. The NJ Devils have outplayed the Rangers in every facet of the game. The 2005-2006 Devils will truely be a handful for their second round opponent and a valid contender for Lord Stanley's Cup.

Thoughts,...how your team is faring?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoo-rah. Hockey talk can only make this site better. Thanks, Pete. :D

I'm a Habs fan. Always have been, probably always will be. Things were not looking good for Les Habitants at varying times this season, and they just made it into the playoffs. But that's all that counts, right ? ;)

Thus far, I've been pleasantly surprised by their engagement with the Hurricanes. Cristobal "Hip Hip" Huet has really come into his own, just like that other goalkeeper (the one with the 30mm rotary cannon ... :lol: ).

Tonite will be a pivotal game for sure ... :o

While I'll still follow and enjoy the playoffs, NY Rangers stick a fork in ya...your done. Break out the golf clubs. Started ok with a 1-0 lead but the the dam broke. Can't negate the fact that Rangers entered the playoffs with a 5(?) game losing streak.

While they performs at above expections from the start of the season, their good play actually raised expectations as the season went on.

Oh well. :(

Well, the Wild! are well into vacation time at warm locales, only mildly disappointed that they aren't still skating their hearts out in too warm arenas around North America. Outside of the finals, interest in pro hockey for me was over the last day of the regular season :blink:

"Since dropping the first two games at home, the Carolina Hurricanes have stormed back for three consecutive one-goal victories over the Canadiens."

Oh-no! B)

Thanks, Pete ... as if I wasn't bummed out enough about this. :P

Turns out the Goalkeeper close in weapon system (Huet) can't stop all the incomers (Staal etc) if the area defense (Souray etc) isn't doing its job. Of course, it helps if the other guy doesn't have an outstanding Kashtan of his own (Ward). <_<

It's do or die tonite ! :unsure:

"Captain, we took two hits starboard aft ... damage control parties report heavy flooding in the engine spaces ... ship's already listing badly ... they're trying to contain the damage, but ... sorry, Sir".

Oh well, there's always next year. :rolleyes:

"Captain, we took two hits starboard aft ... damage control parties report heavy flooding in the engine spaces ... ship's already listing badly ... they're trying to contain the damage, but ... sorry, Sir".

Oh well, there's always next year.  :rolleyes:

awe shucks, there's always next year... :P

Big First Round Game 7 tonight - Anaheim Mighty Ducks at Calgary Flames.

They'll be at least passing interest in "das Maidhofhaus" :)

Wow, now the Devils giving up six goals, five were powerplay goals. They're playing like the Rangers. Go Carolina! B)

Devils lose 3-2 (F/OT). What happened Marty (Broduer). Down 2-0, Come back to us!