The HCWW Database: HCE for WWII

CV32

Something to simulate a 'secret' airfield, the type that were built over much of North Australia. They were built relatively quickly and their location wouldn't have been known to enemy until detected or they saw short range aircraft a long way from known bases.

Don Thomas

Just discussing this with Brad on IRC... It should be possible to create a detectable yet not always visible airfield in the Installations annex by making it a type Fixed SAM. They are not visible until detected yet have all of the other capabilities and limitations of installations (such as runways of db designer specified number of size).

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something to simulate a 'secret' airfield, the type that were built over much of North Australia. They were built relatively quickly and their location wouldn't have been known to enemy until detected or they saw short range aircraft a long way from known bases.

Don Thomas

Just discussing this with Brad on IRC... It should be possible to create a detectable yet not always visible airfield in the Installations annex by making it a type Fixed SAM. They are not visible until detected yet have all of the other capabilities and limitations of installations (such as runways of db designer specified number of size).

Great ! It will provide a higher degree of uncertainity and replayability to the game ! :lol:

The secret base idea remembers me about the Addu Atoll or Gan airbase issue, as referenced in http://www.google.es/gwt/x?wsc=eb&wsi=...xJJLW1Qbq18XzCg as example. The possibility of a secret airbase is factible with the aletorial placement of an airbase modelled as an carrier with speed=0 (I'm sorry, that's my first post from my first smartphone, and it's a very hardwork to tip the keys on it)

Reading my yesterday post I see the link to the Addu Atoll/RAF Gan issue is erroneous, this is the pretended link (My new Smartphone can be smart, but I doubt I'm at his level :P ):

http://www.avalanchepress.com/AdduAtoll.php

Don Thomas

I didn't think of that, I'll try it in my "Australia" database.

Don

PS "go IRC!!"

I didn't think of that, I'll try it in my "Australia" database.

If you like the way it works, despite the 'Fixed AD' missile symbol, I will add it to other databases, starting with the HCWW.

Seems to work fine. If you add some Sams to the 'base' in the SE then the symbol goes to mobile icon, in either case I think small price to pay for a handy little tool (I think).

Don