2009.034 Release Notes

TonyE

Testing command line " C:\Games\HCE\Winharp32.exe -p 2 "

Test PC is 'dual core'

Shortcut with above command line opens the 2009.037 GE and runs a Westpac scenario without difficulty

Task Manager confirms CPU processor affinity is " CPU 1 " only

Excerpt from GE log follows:

Logging begins. Build Date = Jun 27 2009, Build Time=14:53:54

0 harpoon.c:684 - Affinity Mask Specified: 2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New launcher build uploaded. I would still like to see test results from the scenario editor command line options (loading scen to edit, specifying battleset, etc.)

Launcher: http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?s...st=0#entry15003

I've played with the launcher 2009.037 and it seems to be working 100% for me, I had some problems with the previous versions when adding logging optinos in particular, but none now. I've successfully launched the game engine with as many combinations of game options and logging options, remote data base, pre '2000 battlesets, wespac and designer battleset (with resident and remote data base). I've run iterative game saves which seem to be working as I'd expect.

In the case of iterative game saves inthe 'temp' folder, (wishlist item?) I'd like to be able to hit a key board shortcut to get the saves when I want them rahter than every X mintutes. Can this be done, I haven't managed it.

I've checked the intro to the log report and the game windows too and the command line options seem to be coming through correctly in all cases.

Don Thomas.

I've played with the launcher 2009.037 and it seems to be working 100% for me,

In the case of iterative game saves inthe 'temp' folder, (wishlist item?) I'd like to be able to hit a key board shortcut to get the saves when I want them rahter than every X mintutes. Can this be done, I haven't managed it.

Don Thomas.

Thank you sir. You are exactly correct, throw the autosave location and thoughts onto your wishlist please. What you list are capabilities I would like to see as well which never hurts the chances of them happening sooner than some other additions.

Could you possibly try command line options with the SE? You seem capable and pretty much everyone else is cowering in fear of the command line :huh:

I've played with the launcher 2009.037 and it seems to be working 100% for me,<snip>

Don Thomas.

Thank you sir. You are exactly correct, throw the autosave location and thoughts onto your wishlist please. What you list are capabilities I would like to see as well which never hurts the chances of them happening sooner than some other additions.

Could you possibly try command line options with the SE? You seem capable and pretty much everyone else is cowering in fear of the command line :huh:

Funny that, I was fiddling with SE command line (though I could only guess what options were available, I'll try to find that out with this online session).

What I did was copy SE executable name into the GE name window of the launcher and used the variables that I thought would be applicable to the SE. I was able to open SE in the various battlesets, and open existing user and inbuilt scenarios as well as linking to remote databases.

ONLY problem was in linking to remote databases the database name needs to be the standard 'commondb.res' and so it has to obe located in a folder other than the HCE main folder.

I did also set up a shortcut and manually copied command line options from the launcher window with similar results (I think including the database name, I'll confirm once I get the full detaials (shit its cold here, can't type))

Don.

OK, I founf the stuff <- Chg:0000 SE Added command line options with the same functions

as the GE -b -c -d -r.

Added -t command line switch to specify working directory

i.e. -t d:\games\hcce

> earlier on in this topic and note the restriction in file path names, guess this was my database problem and will check it plus other stuff that I haven't done.

Don.

Back again,

I checked the problem I had with database names and it was the length (too many characters. While checking I noted that the launcher seems to provide the path name in the 'shorthand' notation to fix long folder names but the actual file name still needs to be whatever (is it nine characters or less, I can't remember)?

(hint, it's going to be good when the SE tab is done on the launcher).

I didn't do much to confirm the -t option, I only use one harpoon installation (I use a laptop for reasons of low power consumption-live in a solar/wind powered house) and my hard drive is over crowded as is. I did use it (with the standard path) and it worked, that's the best I can do there.

Don.

I checked the problem I had with database names and it was the length (too many characters. While checking I noted that the launcher seems to provide the path name in the 'shorthand' notation to fix long folder names but the actual file name still needs to be whatever (is it nine characters or less, I can't remember)?

(hint, it's going to be good when the SE tab is done on the launcher).

I didn't do much to confirm the -t option, I only use one harpoon installation (I use a laptop for reasons of low power consumption-live in a solar/wind powered house) and my hard drive is over crowded as is. I did use it (with the standard path) and it worked, that's the best I can do there.

Don.

Thank you thank you thank you :), now these required testing for this build is that much closer to being done. Thanks to the HC20th Anniversary project I now have the code that reads the 'short' file and pathnames working well so I'll be able to add a SE tab to the launcher.