play aids

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This version of the keycard, sorted by functionality, includes the 3 functions that are really only useful for testers, plus the new 1:1 time command. I have also done some minor reformatting.

commands.png

Almost there :)

I'm not seeing the O key on this one for the on station rectangles (though it is on the keyboard layout card). If I'm just being blind just let me know.

I'm not seeing the O key on this one for the on station rectangles (though it is on the keyboard layout card). If I'm just being blind just let me know.

You will note that the layout is presently balanced. Adding one line will unbalance it. So what I intend to do is replace an existing line with the "on station" line. The best candidate will be the "show free memory" one because, although it does seem to work properly, it has no conceivable value that I am aware of. Relative to what Harpoon uses, computers today will never lack for memory.

Any objections to this replacement? M has already been removed from the green card.

You will note that the layout is presently balanced. Adding one line will unbalance it. So what I intend to do is replace an existing line with the "on station" line. The best candidate will be the "show free memory" one because, although it does seem to work properly, it has no conceivable value that I am aware of. Relative to what Harpoon uses, computers today will never lack for memory.

Any objections to this replacement? M has already been removed from the green card.

I see no reason not to do it that way. I can't say I've ever used the M command, even during my various Vista hassles.

Buddha

One other change I may be making. The "fast saves" line (testers section) is in red, but it occurs to me that there may be a mouse-accessible game option that does this, in which case the line should be in black. I will be investigating this point now, but perhaps someone already has a definite answer to this point.

There is no way to enable fast saves with the mouse (i.e. no menu toggle to turn it on and off), it is via hotkey or command line.

Final version, I hope.

This version of the keycard, sorted by functionality, includes the 3 functions that are really only useful for testers, plus the new 1:1 time command. I have also done some minor reformatting.

Having promised to remove the working but not useful "memory" command for some time, I have now done so.

I have put in the "on station" command, which I didn't understand originally, but it appears to be necessary for certain situations. I have used "on station AREAS" instead of " ... rectangles" because it doesn't change the meaning of the term, but it reduces the line length.

commands-f.png

And now for something completely unrelated:

On Apr. 2, 09, 8:38 PM, my time, I made a post (# 17; content was later deleted).

Tony quoted me in post # 19, where my post # 17 is dated as Apr. 2, 09, 10:38 PM, Tony's time.

Tony made post # 19 on Apr. 4, 09, 5:36 PM, his time.

I quoted him in post # 20, where his post # 19 is dated as Apr. 4, 09, 4:36 PM, my time.

So Tony's time is 2 hours later than my time, but my time is one hour earlier than Tony's time. :wacko: