Additional Rules for Harpoon 3 edition

kogolal

Good afternoon! please tell me (if possible) how are the additional rules for the Harpoon 3 edition that are described in the South Atlantic War Scenario Book formulated? I have the latest edition of this book, but it was written for Harpoon 5. I like Rules book '87 better. Thank you.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.  The H3 South Atlantic War supplement is GDW 0718.  eBay is where many people go, such as https://www.ebay.com/p/118157409?iid=134309423228 

You can also e-mail the Admiralty Trilogy group (Bond, Carlson et. al.) and ask if they might want to shoot you a PDF of the H3 supplement since it sounds like you've purchased the newer supplement.  I haven't heard if this has worked for anyone.  adtrgroup@aol.com 

AdmiralTrilogyGroup don't want to do that. For example, GDW - 0711 - Battles of the Third World War has Additional rules: 9.0 Submarine Movement and Endurance, 10.0 Mine Warfare, 10.1 Mines, 10.1.1 Mine Barriers. On the Internet, I read that for South Atlantic War - GDW 0718 there are also Additional rules. Shipping from the US will cost me over $50.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow reply.  Do you have a communication from AdmiraltyTrilogy that you can share with me saying they won't send you the PDF of the H3 rulebooks?  tony@tgp.net  I can lobby them on your behalf.

At HarpGamer we won't transfer any rules that aren't legally purchased or the transfer approved of by the copyright holders.

4 hours ago, kmart494 said:

Anything older than H4 were not created in pdf format. Larry has told me the file types of the original documents are not supported by modern software.

If the original files exist I bet we could convert them but even so there are scanned and/or photographed copies floating around the interwebz.  As long as the house doesn't burn down, I have my original paper variants acquired from e-Bay over the year (except 4 & 5 for which I'm the original owner).