Scenario selection (from battleset menu) description shows Blue orders

donaldseadog

If you wish to start a new Battleset inbuilt scenario and go to the appropriate menu then the description of the scenario should include only the scenario background but it also includes the Blue Orders.

The screen shots are from BS giuk 2003, but it seems other BS are the same.

Not a critical error effecting play so low priority.

image.thumb.png.ce8584fa8697460978c2a41f041f73d3.pngimage.thumb.png.2bb9f90a831269464bf36027ba94f74e.png

I haven't investigated yet but is this intentional in the EC2000 and EC2003 BattleSets?  Since they are Red or Blue only, perhaps someone was 'smart' and pasted the playable side's orders into the Scenario Background.  Does it happen in the others like Original GIUK?  

2 hours ago, TonyE said:

I haven't investigated yet but is this intentional in the EC2000 and EC2003 BattleSets?  Since they are Red or Blue only, perhaps someone was 'smart' and pasted the playable side's orders into the Scenario Background.  Does it happen in the others like Original GIUK?  

I hadn't thought of that, I'll look.

I've added tag Not an Issue as having looked from this alternate view it seems that the system is set up that orders for scenarios that are to be embedded in battleset need to be written differently to custom scenarios and the scenarios need to be specific to one side or other.

20 hours ago, donaldseadog said:

I've added tag Not an Issue as having looked from this alternate view it seems that the system is set up that orders for scenarios that are to be embedded in battleset need to be written differently to custom scenarios and the scenarios need to be specific to one side or other.

The system isn't set up that way, whomever created those BattleSets put the Player side orders into the scenario background (on purpose).  There is no magic logic in the game itself that re-arranges how the orders are parsed.  I agree on the Not an Issue though.

3 hours ago, TonyE said:

The system isn't set up that way, whomever created those BattleSets put the Player side orders into the scenario background (on purpose).  There is no magic logic in the game itself that re-arranges how the orders are parsed.  I agree on the Not an Issue though.

It is a bit 'funny' as the description shown in the battleset scenario selection menu seems to also include a copy of the blue orders text(as written in the orders writer). You just need to be aware of this when writing orders for scenarios that are to be embedded in a battleset.