Who does WWII scenarios?

19 hours ago, CV32 said:

A tremendous amount of work went into the HCWW database but it only managed to attract a handful of scenarios.

Part of the reason might be the fact that the code is not particularly suited for gunnery warfare.

I was pondering fiddling with gun arcs as this seems to be a prob with aircraft, or having ago at a dll to take the micro management out of dog fights.

With multi ship groups I haven't worked out a good ploy, but tight groups seem to work best?

I had a surprise last night when I thought I was sneaking up behind a wounded Ise (Japanese battleship) and in the blind spot for her big guns, she did a 180 and pounded my three light cruisers to bits. Because I wasn't expecting it, and had other things to attend to, I missed seeing her change of course.

The big gap for me is the perfect and instantaneous communications in HC followed by the relatively abstract weather model.  There are much better simulation platforms for WWII though I'm a huge fan of someone pushing HC forward in the space.  It'd be an awesome challenge on the guns front combining UI and new game logic but you've been there before ;).

On 4/20/2022 at 1:08 AM, TonyE said:

The big gap for me is the perfect and instantaneous communications in HC followed by the relatively abstract weather model.  There are much better simulation platforms for WWII though I'm a huge fan of someone pushing HC forward in the space.  It'd be an awesome challenge on the guns front combining UI and new game logic but you've been there before ;).

I have never thought of the comms issue, yes very 'cheating'.

The two aspects I usually find troublesome are 1/ enemy aircraft that make contact within gun range, if they are not already in gun arc they don't seem to engage - they won't start to dogfight, and 2/ no one tells you that enemy shells are hitting you or cannon fire wizzing past your canopy.

I'll ponder this for a while, probably a long while :)