Fuel consumption rate

jugasa77

You are going to love this one :)

Loiter - Helos burn 1 second of fuel each second, 1:1.  Aircraft burn 0.75 seconds of fuel each second 0.75:1.

Cruise - 1:1

Military - Helos 1.1:1, Blue aircraft 2.5:1, Red & Green aircraft 3.2:1

Afterburner - Blue aircraft 12.5:1, Red & Green 17:1

• Confused 1

On 4/13/2022 at 5:51 PM, donaldseadog said:

I bet that took a bit of finding 😁

Very little.  This tidbit comes up every few years and I had stumbled across the code in the aptly named ReduceAircraftEndurance function when looking for the terminal guidance range logic from @jugasa77's previous question.

• Like 1

I have another question?
If speed is higher at high level than at low level, does the plane has more range?

For example, a plane has a high level/military speed of 600 knots and a low level/military speed of 450 knots.

Does it consumpts the same amount of fuel at high level and at low level?

If the answer is yes then it would have more range flying at high level than flying at low level.

41 minutes ago, jugasa77 said:

If the answer is yes then it would have more range flying at high level than flying at low level.

The answer is yes

donaldseadog, yes, the history is that the game began as NATO vs. USSR as you see in the original BattleSets, really up to EC2000.  The prevailing attitude was that Soviet bloc engines were less efficient than Western designs.  

Do we want to make changes for EC2000 and newer BattleSets as a quick-fix?  An option for a longer-term fix would be having a fuel burn rate as part of the speed/altitude matrix in the platform editor.

On 4/20/2022 at 12:38 AM, TonyE said:

Do we want to make changes for EC2000 and newer BattleSets as a quick-fix?  An option for a longer-term fix would be having a fuel burn rate as part of the speed/altitude matrix in the platform editor.

Maybe you have better things to do? But if it is quick then I'd think it's an improvement.