Harpoon Classic since 2015.027 official patch

TonyE

In hopes of being allowed to get an official patch distributed by Matrix Games, I threw together this overview list of improvements since the 2015.027 patch and thought you might enjoy:

• Staff Assistant – Added additional player dials to increase/decrease prompts to radiate.
  • DB Structure – Increased magazine limit per platform from 127 to 32,767.
  • DB Structure – Increased countries limit from ~127 to 1023, country width from 16 to 32 characters.
  • DB Structure – Increased to 255 Aircraft, Ship Types.
  • DB Structure – Increased to 128 runway sizes, 32 characters each.
  • Scenario Editor – Show the same expanded set of loadout data the Game Engine (GE) shows.
  • Game Engine – More improvements to allowing 255 units per group, up from 127 (continued bug fixing).
  • Game Engine – Air to Air refueling improvements splitting tankers to RTB when their range is less than refueled planes.
  • Game Engine – Added RWR sensor model.
  • Game Engine – Increased number of formation zones from 4 to 64 (6 available in UI), max formation radius from 255nm to 32767nm.
  • Game Engine – Formation-keeping works better than ever
  • Game Engine – Started adding UUIDs to game structures (unit, group, …) to be able to globally track them.
  • Game Engine – Scenario and Saved game lineage added to be able to track the history of a scenario or saved game.  Most useful for troubleshooting but also other benefits.
  • Game Engine – Saved games now store the orders, previously the user would lose access to the orders when loading a saved game.
  • Game Engine – Added setting to force the AI to stay on plotted paths or if they can run off on their own volition.
  • Game Engine – Torpedo noise level logic that was making torpedoes way too quiet fixed.  Too short torpedo acquisition range logic fixed.
  • Game Engine – Expanded maximum groups possible from 676 Red & Blue total to move than 1,300 groups for each of those sides.
  • Game Engine – Nuclear detonations game crash fixed and more accurate/thorough destruction of units as a result of the detonation(s).
  • Game Engine – User can change speed & altitude/depth of some individual units in groups.
  • Game Engine – Dialog window sizing and position improvements.
  • Game Engine – Revamped victory condition evaluation.  Also record more meta information for AARs, etc.
  • General – Tons of bug fixes.
  • Game Engine - ExportDLL interface expansion.  Every non-UI aspect of the game can be overridden as a result.  This has been utilized to great effect.  Don Thomas in Australia has written add-ons to automate aerial refueling, most of submarine prosecution, AAR generation, and more.

• Like 4

On 2/13/2022 at 4:43 AM, donaldseadog said:

Kind of not mentioned (hard to remember it all) but your tweaking of the GE Formation Editor when changing zoom levels is really good too in my opinion.

Indeed, in my head I wrapped that into the formation-keeping item though I see how most people would consider them two separate categories.  It'd also fit in bug fixes but that would be boring!

• Like 1