SimPlot - SimPlot 2.3 Beta for Win10

kmart494

SimPlot 2.3 Beta for Win10

View File

Here is the experimental version of the upcoming version 2.3. This is just a beta, so please note any problems and report them in the Harpoon (Paper Rules) forum. Maps made with MapMaker will work in this version, but not in 2.2 or earlier.

• 4 weeks later...

DNAB,

I uploaded a new version. please give it a try and let me know if it works. 

I was not able to replicate the problem you are having. The only difference I noticed is your Customize Color window is slightly smaller than mine. I am uncertain if some kind of settings on your machine would cause that (system font size, for example). Anyway, I suspect the problem may be with the background paint event trying to paint a non-existent cell after the last one.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

A new problem was discovered with SimPlot 2.3 Build 15. If you specified altitudes or depths with your waypoints, then those values were not reloading correctly and causing the file not to load. The altitude/depth values became multiplied every time you saved the scenario, and the values grew until they broke the JSON parser.

The easiest way to self-correct your files is to perform a text search for "AltitudeDepth" (this will appear in the PastWaypointArray and FutureWaypointArray JSON items for each unit). All waypoints have this attribute, but the problem will only occur with air and subsurface units. Anyway, any value you find after "AltitudeDepth" that is wacky should be replaced with a zero. Please keep in mind the value will normally have an extra three zeros since it is supposed to track the altitude/depth to three decimal places (after conversion from a decimal to integer). Anything that is greater than that has been multiplied too much and should be replaced with a zero.

Build 17 for Win10 is ready for download. The MacOS version will follow shortly.

• 2 weeks later...