Air formations tool?

jugasa77

The functionality doesn't exist in the core game nor in any easy to use add-on.  Some players have tricked the game in the past (join air to the group they just took off from, arrange them, then split the planes into their own group) with limited success.

jugasa77 there is a toolkit that will allow you adjust alt of air groups within a formation or base and even set an air group in a point within it without having to separating it from a joint surface and air group. Is that what you are looking for.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 11:53 PM, Tony said:

jugasa77 there is a toolkit that will allow you adjust alt of air groups within a formation or base and even set an air group in a point within it without having to separating it from a joint surface and air group. Is that what you are looking for.

I don't know if that is what I am looking for. I am looking for a tool that allows to set formations in rings like land/sea groups or bases: Main Group, AAW, ASW, pickets. What's the name of that toolkit? Where can I download it to probe it?

It is called toolkit by donaldseadog. It is in tools and modes in the download section. It works somewhat similar to those  you mention but requires setting offset from the games center for the group. You adjust it by changing the number in the N,E,S,W  distance from center number. You can put a distance in each box and select either E or W as well as a distance in the S or N window. To select direction just click on the direction which will toggle back and forth. These offsets for Aircraft can also be used in sea and land groups. One other thing when you change the aircrafts positions it is instantaneous and they do not fly out there as would be reality.

One other thing you can eliminate the message window as the toolkit should be place where it was to begin with as it has it's own message window also. Clicking on the tabs on the top of the main window allows you to select which window you want to view. Two of the windows actually have pause buttons so you can set you preference in the window but that pause will not allow you to select individual group to give orders outside the window as the game pause does. 

• 2 weeks later...

Toolbox, new version just uploaded, will let you half do what you want but the offset air units do not move in patterns relative to the group centre, they are just offset and can be set at their own altitudes.

As said there isn't anything I know that lets you set the type of active formation you're after. In many ways you get a better result by splitting the units off into their own groups and seeing where they are relative to your 'main' group and managing them that way.

• Like 1