Map Area and Unit Mismatch in WestPac2

GrantSn

Hi,

I've been playing most of the default Battleset scenarios, specifically WestPac, and have come across an issue where Blue Tanker units are run aground at scenario start of WestPac2 (Pirate War). No issue in official 2015.027. Maybe a beta issue or just me?

Screenshot 1: Standard build 2015.027 and HCDB-150928

Screenshot 2: Beta build 2020.003 and HCDB-150929 (Same issue in HCDB2-170909)

Thanks

Screenshot 1.jpg

Screenshot 2.jpg

GrantSN, could you possibly zip and upload the respective saved game files?  Thanks for doing the comparison, this could be very useful!

If you happen to want to do a little more, if you start the scenario a few times in 2020.003, are the ships in question always aground at scenario start?  I haven't pulled up the scenario, just wondering if there are variable start points for the tanker's group, some of them on land.

Glad to be of any help. Here are the attached saves for the HCDB and HCDB2 versions of the scenario in question. I've run the scenario multiple times, tanker positions are always fixed in the same spot and aground. I've also compared the other scenarios in the WestPac set and it seems maybe a different map area selection was used as the entire map area in the beta build is more towards the right compared to the official build. Let me know if you need anymore info.

WestPac2-v2020003-HCDB-150929.hpq WestPac2-v2020003-HCDB-170909.hpq

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So the other Tony just pointed out the map boundary differences and I concur with the original report that somewhere along the line I changed the map extents for the WestPac BattleSet.  I'll look into correcting that and see what side effects are introduced.

Finally, after going a few rounds with the BattleSet Builder (aka BS Builder aka BSB), the map is projecting better again so that the ships in the 'original' scenario are not running aground.  The updated BattleSet and BSB will be in the next patch.