HC 2017.013

CV32

Two issues that will need test scenarios (and testing) from intrepid players:

* tendency for aircraft in ASW formation patrol to drop sonobuoys in ineffectual clusters rather than randomly distributed within their assigned patrol zone

* aircraft under AI control to go to Vlow altitude while performing evasion, and aircraft under player control to go to Vlow altitude while performing auto intercept

This second one is a serious issue, as human player lose a lot of fighters unless a very tight manual-controlled interception.

I refered it in some issue in the issue tracker section, but I was incapable to reproduce it in any ad hoc test scenario.

About the first one, I'm finishing a rebuild scenario when perhaps could be possible to observe the sonobuoy drop pattern.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Enrique.

I have also noticed that aircraft operating within ASW formation patrols are also running out of fuel and crashing, which seems likely related to the 'drifting' issue.

what I noticed last night withrespect to this is that the aircraft that run out of fuel don't seem to be in a proper formation, when you look at the formatino editor some 'patroling' air units aren't listed by patrol type (eg 'asw') but by their class description (eg MV-22b Osprey). The "delete patrol' button is also greyed out. This list of errant air units sits above those that are correctly patroling.

• Like 1

Thanks Enrique.

I have also noticed that aircraft operating within ASW formation patrols are also running out of fuel and crashing, which seems likely related to the 'drifting' issue.

what I noticed last night withrespect to this is that the aircraft that run out of fuel don't seem to be in a proper formation, when you look at the formatino editor some 'patroling' air units aren't listed by patrol type (eg 'asw') but by their class description (eg MV-22b Osprey). The "delete patrol' button is also greyed out. This list of errant air units sits above those that are correctly patroling.

Yes, very probably that can be a correct approach to the problem.

Both in the "A Passage To Lebanon" and in the modern ASW scenario in the Sea of Japan, are present helicopters carriers with a lot of helicopter patrols, but I was incapable to concrete a pattern in the erroneous helicopter auto patrols.

Thanks Enrique.

Yes, very probably that can be a correct approach to the problem.

Both in the "A Passage To Lebanon" and in the modern ASW scenario in the Sea of Japan, are present helicopters carriers with a lot of helicopter patrols, but I was incapable to concrete a pattern in the erroneous helicopter auto patrols.

This one made it into the Issue Tracker at http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?/tracker/issue-166-ai-controlled-air-running-out-of-fuel/. Don't know yet why it happens but as least I can see it.