Harpoon CPX Update

CV32

Harpoon CPX Update

Okay, the coin has been tossed and ...

Dewayne has drawn the EU

Peter has drawn the US

You will each receive separate SITREP's and Order of Battle (OOB) information by private email. Your choices will be posted here later.

Here's the basic premise of the scenario, which I've entitled "Terminus":

Sometime in the not too distant future …

The war in the Middle East during the past few weeks has been devastating, and has left military forces, political ties and civilian populations bruised and battered on all sides.

One of the most tragic victims of the conflict has been the longstanding alliance between the United States and the European Union, and due to their diametrically opposed positions on the war, there is ever increasing tension between them.

A US Navy carrier battle group, understrength and weary of battle, is moving west toward the Strait of Gibraltar. As it draws closer to this natural chokepoint, the question everyone is asking is whether the EU will permit free passage.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, after a summer hiatus, some of it welcome and some of it not (that's life, huh), the CPX is moving forward.

The basic scenario has been constructed, and the players will now be asked to make decisions about aircraft loadouts, formation patrols, etc.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
it was mainly just a post to try and increase my post count since there is a top 10 list on the front page. pretty much the same reason I am typing this post :)
Stinking newbie :o (shamelessly goading you into another post).