Platform Editor - MS Access Version

TonyE

I'm about to upgrade the PE format from Access 97 to Access 2003 (so that it can be opened with Access 2003-2016 instead of the current Access 97 - 2010).

Does anyone have big complaints about this? For those hanging on to Office 97 and 2000 you should be able to install a newer MS Access runtime (*free).

• 2 months later...

I use Open Office Calc, would that be likely to work OK?

Not unless you want to edit the raw .csv files. You can however use the MS Access runtime such as the Access 2013 runtime. The PE will run fine with that (once you get through enough security prompts...), http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39358

The PE should work with the Access XP or newer runtime.

Running into some problems with editing platforms, mostly on creating new mounts. I will get you screenshots after New Years.

Running into some problems with editing platforms, mostly on creating new mounts. I will get you screenshots after New Years.

Please start a new thread since it is most likely unrelated to MS Access version. Glad to have you editing DBs :)