This game has issues

CV32

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the mine-clearing bug you refer to is the MH-53 being hit by mine detonation shrapnel, this was looked into and IIRC fixed a long time ago.

It may have been - or the fact that I could not get mine clearing to work at all in the Brass Drum scenario - but I honestly don't remember which.

Has no one reported an issue with radar LOS and intervening terrain?

Your MCM-related report was in this thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3441317

The issue with deploying MCM gear was fixed in B445, and the issue of helos being lost to mine shrapnel was IIRC resolved in another report. With the addition of comprehensive aircraft damage helos are even less likely to be brought down as a result of single shrapnel anyway.

IIRC there are no reported LOS issues in the current public version. Of course new bugs could appear, as happens with all evolving software. Post a suitable save on the Tech Support forum and we can investigate.

If I see it again, I will try and get a savegame for the Matrix forum.

I am surprised that no one else has noticed it, because it has happened to me more than once, and I haven't played the game much.

I wonder if the SAM 'instant altitude change' issue (e.g. instantly diving from very high altitudes to hit a terrain following target) is related.

I wonder if the SAM 'instant altitude change' issue (e.g. instantly diving from very high altitudes to hit a terrain following target) is related.

Somewhat related, or at least similar, is the observation of how aircraft on final approach to a carrier landing drop from many thousands of feet to the deck in the space of seconds.

I observed an E-2C Hawkeye, for example, drop from >14,000 feet to the carrier deck in less than 5 seconds.

• 10 months later...

Terrain masking, or rather the lack thereof, continues to be a weak point in this game.

An F/A-18 flying at 100 feet AGL behind a 2,000 foot fjord wall should not be capable of being tracked and engaged by a MiG-31 flying at 37,000 feet at a distance of 39 nm away.

The geometries just do not work.

25 minutes ago, CV32 said:

Terrain masking, or rather the lack thereof, continues to be a weak point in this game.

An F/A-18 flying at 100 feet AGL behind a 2,000 foot fjord wall should not be capable of being tracked and engaged by a MiG-31 flying at 37,000 feet at a distance of 39 nm away.

The geometries just do not work.

Brad, you know the process for reporting potential issues for investigation: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3585262

Thanks 😁

3 hours ago, Dimitris said:

Brad, you know the process for reporting potential issues for investigation: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3585262

As I said earlier in the thread, that didn't work so well. Frankly I am surprised this issue has persisted from the time I picked up the game. Because it otherwise looks like issues are usually well addressed.