HCE 2009.097 Patch?

miller7219

Not officially, no. I assume you've tried the installer from Matrix with your HCE serial number and it didn't work?

If you don't mind the beta versions, they'll still run okay on top of your HCE 2009.050.

I just reinstalled HCE after my computer blew up. It works fine, but the .096 beta updates crash the program.

I have Ultimate Harpoon saved on a backup drive, but the installer will not recognize my serial number. Any way around this?

You would have to be more specific about "the .096 beta updates crash the program". The other tactic is to recover your Ultimate edition serial number from Matrix. http://www.matrixgames.com/support/faq.asp?id=4

If you don't mind the beta versions, they'll still run okay on top of your HCE 2009.050.

Sort of hijacking the thread for a similar issue: are you saying that you can continue to add the patches to 2009.050+ and everything will work fine? I don't want to make a mess of the installed files, but neither to do a clean full reinstallation if that is not needed ;) Call me lazy!

Sort of hijacking the thread for a similar issue: are you saying that you can continue to add the patches to 2009.050+ and everything will work fine? I don't want to make a mess of the installed files, but neither to do a clean full reinstallation if that is not needed ;) Call me lazy!

Matrix used different blocks of serial numbers in the HCE and HUCE 2009.050 installers. The official 2009.097 patch at Matrix is one of their installers but it is keyed to only accept HUCE serial numbers. In terms of code in the actual GE, HCE and HUCE for a given version are identical (so HCE 2009.050 is the same game code as HUCE 2009.050).

fwiw We had no input in the matter, that's publisher stuff, not grunt developer stuff.

Thank you Tony, I'll try it out, keeping the game up-to-date just by incrementally patching 2009.50 with the beta files is very convenient. No need to get installers, wrapped patches, reinstall, pray it works, etc... ;)

I haven't played in a while, but just by reading the release notes, it's clear you all worked hard in the last months. Thanks!