F-15SG and F-15S

Mgellis

Are these two variants of the F-15E different enough from the ones already in the database that new platforms should be added?

F-15S

"The F-15S is a variant of the F-15E supplied to the Royal Saudi Air Force in the mid-to-late 1990s....The F-15S is almost identical to the USAF F-15E and the only major difference in the AN/APG-70 radar performance is the synthetic aperture mode." --Wikipedia

F-15SG

The F-15SG (formerly the F-15T) is a variant of the F-15E, currently ordered by the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF)....The F-15SG is similar in configuration to the F-15K sold to South Korea, but differs in the addition of the APG-63(V)3 active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar developed by Raytheon. The F-15SG will be powered by two General Electric F110-GE-129 29,400 lbf (131 kN) thrust engines." --Wikipedia

ANW

HUD-4 v1.11

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I don't have the Database in front of me ATM but I thought the F-15S was already in. I KNOW I made it at one point.

Wikipeda is mostly wrong on the -15S however. Yes the Synthetic Aperature mode was not initially shipped (No Classification Flag for the APG-70 in this case) HOWEVER just two years later it was added in as part of the deal that lead to the F-16I.

The MAIN difference is the substitution of LANTRIN with a less capable export system (AN/AAQ-19/20 Sharpshooter / Pathfinder combination)

Oh not that it matters much with the F-15 but the AGM-65 capability is deleted from the Sharpshooter/Pathfinder pods.