Forum software upgrade

TonyE

Sometime this weekend I'm going to attempt the upgrade of our forum software.

The site/forum may be down for a number of hours (lets hope not days) during the process and we will lose our fantastic pastel blue theming.

We will also lose the Issue Tracker until I can cook up an alternative but the existing data will not be lost.

The upgrade will give us nothing we need and many things we'd like! The upgrade after that should give us some fantastic tools to help integrate the HC game with the HarpGamer site.

SHUK, can you elaborate on what might make you more keen on the scheme? More than likely I'll be hiring out the theming of the forum including the read/unread icons, background image, logo image(s), member rank insignia, etc. We are most interested in what you would like to see. What I want most is a larger font on the bread-crumb navigation at the top of the page (HarpGamer->The HarpGamer General Forums ->...). I would like some more color differentiation between individual posts and other elements as well. Note the social media buttons at the bottom of topic pages :).

Wow. Gave me a shock when I came here, I figured I clicked a different link or something. New and shiny.

I use the same software on my own website (located at this link if you want to see what can be done with it). Made a good choice. The IPB suite is phenomenal, very powerful yet easy to use.

If you bought the IP.Content part of the software package you can create a bug-tracker using Content's database system. This page has more detail (it's in the comments).

I downloaded a free skin (scheme) for my site then edited parts of it manually. Wasn't too difficult. Did take a little time and effort. Anyone who actually knows coding will probably have a better time of it.