Requests addressed

Mgellis

Super Dvora Mk III class patrol boat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Dvora_Mk_III_class_patrol_boat

"Super Dvora Mark III is the latest generation of the venerable Dvora family of fast patrol boats or fast attack crafts (FPB/FAC). Manufactured by IAI Ramta in 2004[1] these vessels are capable of speeding up to 50 knots (93 km/h) in littoral waters thanks to its state of the art thrust vectoring control Articulated Surface Drives (ASD) while holding various armaments up to 30 mm cannons in its armory." --Wikipedia

Looks like it's different enough fromt he Mk II to need its own entry. Has Israel sold any of these to other countries?

ANW

HUD-4 v1.11

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

The information for the A 387 Fort Victoria includes an error...her displacement is not 13,000 tons but more like 31,000 tons. (In fact, it looks like a simple typo, with the 1 and the 3 having gotten switched). This should be corrected. Also, the damage points should probably be corrected, too...it's probably more like 450 or 500 points instead of the 265 listed.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFA_Fort_Victoria_%28A387%29 for details.

I have the answer from Larry Bond. It's not a mistake, it's to make the auxilliaries not too strong in regard to their real might. Changes in HUD4 reverted to take this piece of information into account.

FG

The '13550' figure I see in my version of the annex might be transposed, i.e. oughta be '31550'.

But that would still be full load displacement, and Harpoon doesn't use full load displacement to calculate DP.

As Gunny has said, DP may then be discounted for merchant construction (-50%), being an auxiliary (-25%), and other factors.