Official pet thread

CV32

If you think 'he' looks crazed in the ute you'd be worried if you'd seen him when they were on the bike and side car :D

I can only imagine ;)

So this one day, I'm taking the dog to be scoiable at Dog Park and I forget the doggie seat belt that my wife demands that we use. Ok so that's not a big deal cuz the dog likes to sit in the front anyway. So I'm taking my time and I'm fiddling with the radio when the dog barks and lays down on the floor of the car. I look up to see this cop car pass by.....about 15 seconds later, the dog gets up, looks out the back of the car and resumes his vigil looking out the window.

Seems my dog must have been on the lam at some point....

Later

D

So this one day, I'm taking the dog to be scoiable at Dog Park and I forget the doggie seat belt that my wife demands that we use. Ok so that's not a big deal cuz the dog likes to sit in the front anyway. So I'm taking my time and I'm fiddling with the radio when the dog barks and lays down on the floor of the car. I look up to see this cop car pass by.....about 15 seconds later, the dog gets up, looks out the back of the car and resumes his vigil looking out the window.

Seems my dog must have been on the lam at some point....

Later

D

I used to use a harness for fly when we had a toyota hiace van, her window was one of those sideways sliding ones and she had a carpet topped box (part of the food storage) below the window to sit/ stand on. The window had a stopper so that the window only opened about head width (her head, not mine). Any way we were going through some suburban streets (I think Brisbane) when something caught my eye in the exterior rear view mirror - it was Fly hanging by her harness out the window with her little back feet just clear of the road. We did a quick stop. Some how the stopper had unlatched and she'd opened the window right open.

It was pretty well essential in the side car too, she loved to stand up on her "dashboard" and stick her head out over the 'screen.

However she never wore the 'belt in the tractor (she had a bench behind my seat and within the cab) nor in the ute which has a canopy.

Don

Grace - Calico vs. Eleanor - Tabby while I was assembling some new storage furniture. Grace has a very short, crooked tail (guess where she got her name, poor kitty). They aren't my cats per-se but they are becoming more and more mine every day!

Grace is part dog, she growls when the doorbell rings and defends the territory. Eleanor hides like a proper cat.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=1291index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=1292

2011_05_15_15_41_04_126.jpg

2011_05_15_15_41_09_815.jpg

@Wombat, Wow, I always thought your avatar (Ladybug) was a painting of some sort with the dog manning a tripod mounted gun with a flag sticking out the end! I'm glad the record has been set straight. Misty looks awesome :)

• 1 month later...

Well, we went back to a Black Lab, this is a five month female, as of yesterday.

I introduce to you Twizzler, as in the black licorice candy...I'll let you guess who came up with that... :)

Twizzler.jpg

Well, we went back to a Black Lab, this is a five month female, as of yesterday. I introduce to you Twizzler, as in the black licorice candy...I'll let you guess who came up with that... :)

Beauty. I'm very partial to retrievers. :)

• 1 month later...