Official pet thread

CV32

Very nice Brad, best of luck.

We are finally actively looking for the next, although there will never be another, Bo.

Bodene

We're getting a second one when we get the new house. Probably a golden retriever....

At 8 years old my Christmas gift was a golden retriever puppy. He was a truly awesome dog. I can't say enough good things about goldens.

Of course, I've always been partial to dogs and hunting, so the combination can't be wrong!

We had three dogs (at the same time) through my latter teenage years: the Golden, for ducks and geese; a Brittany, for upland birds; and a mutt, for dust bunnies and wayward socks. :D

Princess Fly of Arunda is now about 15 1/2 years and has a pancreas disorder that results in an over supply of insulin. She is allowed short periods of exercise (running laps around the house) but can no longer go for drives in the ute, she gets too excited and starts to lapse into coma.

We once did upto 80 km a day at an average of about 10-15 km/hr (she running me cycling) around the parks of Canberra. She also worked well herding goats when we moved to a farm 7 years ago.

She is a border collie kelpie cross. I'll look through some of my archives for photos when she was younger, I probably only have about three hundred to choose from.

post-804-1307774411_thumb.jpg

Don

post-804-1307774268_thumb.jpg

post-804-1307774280_thumb.jpg

post-804-1307774292_thumb.jpg

post-804-1307774312_thumb.jpg

Edited by donaldseadog

Pics of the rapidly growing beast [aka orange belton English setter] that now lurks around here ...

Nice yard, are the birds geese? They look like small white swans.

Oh, yeah, the dog is kind of cute too, but not beautiful like Princess Fly (see my photos)

Don

Nice photos Don, especially the one chasing the lamb. However I'm a little concerned about the "crazed-man's head" sticking out of the truck window in the last thumbnail :D Did everyone make it back from the camping trip accounted for?

Okay, but only because you asked....

post-46-1307806700_thumb.jpg

This is Misty, our latest Basset Hound rescue. She was supposed to be a foster dog, but that lasted about 10 minutes.

post-46-1307807000_thumb.jpg

My avatar is her predecessor, my beautiful Ladybug, whom I still mourn.

post-46-1307807280_thumb.jpg

Kitt, our first, who had a good, long life.

Nice yard, are the birds geese? They look like small white swans. Oh, yeah, the dog is kind of cute too, but not beautiful like Princess Fly (see my photos)

Don

That's at a local park, and yeah, those are swans. Great looking dogs, guys. :)

Nice photos Don, especially the one chasing the lamb. However I'm a little concerned about the "crazed-man's head" sticking out of the truck window in the last thumbnail :D Did everyone make it back from the camping trip accounted for?

If you think 'he' looks crazed in the ute you'd be worried if you'd seen him when they were on the bike and side car :D

The 'lamb' is a kid goat, not much visual difference. I'm not sure how fast the lambs run but kids can really go, and are very agile.

Don

Nice yard, are the birds geese? They look like small white swans. Oh, yeah, the dog is kind of cute too, but not beautiful like Princess Fly (see my photos)

Don

That's at a local park, and yeah, those are swans. Great looking dogs, guys. :)

And there I was wondering how you managed all that garden and the Harpoon databases etc.