2010.019 Release Notes

TonyE

I'm looking for testing of the last two items, the first three items are difficult to positively verify so don't worry about testing them.

HCE - 2010.019 - 2010/12/30

===========================

- Chg:0000 GE Synchronized globals with the S_GLOBALS structure in hopes of

making the unreliable save/load of recent builds be more

reliable. Also verified that globals save and load functions

truly load and save each member of the structure

(thanks 11x17 paper!)

- Chg:0000 GE Synchronized alloc_Group() with the Group structure.

- Chg:0000 GE Synchronized alloc_Unit() with the Unit structure.

- Chg:0187 GE Loadgame and Savegame updated to save and load

UncertaintyRegions correctly, this was the ultimate culprit

of the recent save/load unreliability.

(thanks Gopher, Don Thomas, and 11x17 paper!)

http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?a...amp;showbug=187

- Chg:0000 GE Only show aircraft range ovals for the current Group window's perspective

and make sure to show them for all air groups on that side.

- Chg:0187 GE Loadgame and Savegame updated to save and load

UncertaintyRegions correctly, this was the ultimate culprit

of the recent save/load unreliability.

(thanks Gopher, Don Thomas, and 11x17 paper!)

http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?a...amp;showbug=187

Yes, seems fixed.

- Chg:0000 GE Synchronized alloc_Unit() with the Unit structure.

It seems this solve an other issue at .017: After cancel a formation AEW-patrol, save the game and reopen; it relauched the AEW-patrol.

- Chg:0000 GE Only show aircraft range ovals for the current Group window's perspective

and make sure to show them for all air groups on that side.

I do not recognize a difference to .017. For the blue side all range circles of all groups are visible on all group windows all time.

Excellent, thanks Gopher.

What I saw in the last few builds for the aircraft ranges was that if the perspective was set to Blue I'd see the aircraft range for the currently selected group no matter the side of the group (if I clicked on a Red group I'd see its air range). What you are seeing now is correct (all air ranges for the given perspective's groups).

I'm looking for testing of the last two items, the first three items are difficult to positively verify so don't worry about testing them.

HCE - 2010.019 - 2010/12/30

===========================

- Chg:0000 GE Synchronized globals with the S_GLOBALS structure in hopes of

making the unreliable save/load of recent builds be more

reliable. Also verified that globals save and load functions

truly load and save each member of the structure

(thanks 11x17 paper!)

The Savefiles are still unreliable

autosave.zip

Rene, help me out here. I wasted 10 minutes figuring out what DB to use based on the save file but I have no way to determine what battleset you are using since it is a custom. So, what battleset is this?

In the future please provide the links to the appropriate files.

And as long as we're at it, you started playing the scenario in 2010.019 and not an earlier version right?

Thanks

Rene, help me out here. I wasted 10 minutes figuring out what DB to use based on the save file but I have no way to determine what battleset you are using since it is a custom. So, what battleset is this?

And as long as we're at it, you started playing the scenario in 2010.019 and not an earlier version right?

Thanks

Yes started in 0.19 saved the game, stopped the GE and restartet it again. Getting a Mem Allocation error.

The BS is my Falkland BS.

Thanks

Yes started in 0.19 saved the game, stopped the GE and restartet it again. Getting a Mem Allocation error.

I had no problem with the saved game.

I used GE 2010.19, DB 95to10db110112 (didn't have the 110107 used for saved game) and your Faulklands BS. The game opened and ran. I saved the game as a new name and 'opened' the newly saved game which ran with no problems.

Could it have been the version of the database?

Don

I´ll try it again,

Thanks

I had no problem with the saved game.

I used GE 2010.19, DB 95to10db110112 (didn't have the 110107 used for saved game) and your Faulklands BS. The game opened and ran. I saved the game as a new name and 'opened' the newly saved game which ran with no problems.

Could it have been the version of the database?

Don

(later note)

I had a play in the saved game and its funny but RED side (AI) seems to be making no defensive or offensive moves against my air or surface assets even thought it can see them, so maybe something is wrong???

Brad has reporting intermittent save/load problems with 2010.019 so there probably is still something amiss but I appreciate the extra information and any additional save files with issues. Very busy in RL though so I'm not having time to investigate yet.

Tony, I think item '20101123 Platform Display' (my initial report) in your GE sides open items has been attended to.

Also I think that:

# 20101205 Can only play as Blue, when selecting Red player, most of the button bar is inactive like the player is Blue.

# 20101104 Can't play as neutral, crash http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?a...amp;showbug=184

are also both fixed.

Can play red with all buttons seemingly normal, can play neutral and open a new game via ctrl-N.

Don

1. re # 20101030 Red autoformation patrols setting ignored http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?a...amp;showbug=181

(tony's GE sides open items), it seems that the formation patrols setting at game start effects the blue side even when playing red.

try the scenario file in attached zip, open as red player and use formation patrol setting on/ off and see the on/off effect on blue surface group.

2. Also problem with sonar detection: Playing red (use the saved game in attached zip) you soon pick up a detection of the blue group from a sonar drop by blue helo. That is the player gets a sonar contact using AI sonar bouy.

Don

sorry, should have noted used GE V-2010.19 for game save, HCDB 090427 in GIUK-2003 BS

To demonstrate sonar buoy problem, open saved game (playing red) and make sure you have a blue group screen open and active. Soon the box appears announcing detection by sonobuoy, 'push' "select". You might need to press key board key 'C' to focus on the blue group which has a helo in formation patrol and it has dropped a sonobouy which appears to have detected one of it's own group ships.

AI_sonar.zip

There's something with detections, I get them all right, but all are from sonobuoys, even if there's not a single sonobuoy...

More detail please, targeted (i.e. tiny) scenario/save game with instructions if possible that I can use to reproduce your findings.

There's something with detections, I get them all right, but all are from sonobuoys, even if there's not a single sonobuoy...

More detail please, targeted (i.e. tiny) scenario/save game with instructions if possible that I can use to reproduce your findings.

sounds a bit like my previous report. I noticed the behaviour when playing red but haven't tested it playing blue, I'll have a look. Anyway maybe try the saved game in my upload AI-sonar.zip a couple of posts back: http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?a...ost&id=1174

Don

First GE crash for a while.

No saved game so I don't know if the screen shot is helpful (with C++ complaints) but included it. (four warning windows appeared, copied three as in jpg)

GE vers 2010.19, DB HCDB 090726 BS ec2003 GIUK/ inbuilt scenario #2

Had just split one plane from group of two and issued new course, instant crash.

Don

post-804-1295503223_thumb.jpg